24) Last Few

Stasia stood next to the big three in front of All Might. Tamaki stood as far away as possible, Mirio had on his signature smile, and Nejire played with Stasia's hair. "We need an off-campus pass."

"Nastasia you were just here."

"That was two and half weeks ago."

"Almost like time passes at a different rate in here." Mirio joked. "Because this atmosphere is kinda sad. Right Stasia?"

"Don't drag me into that." She whispered then turned back to All Might. "But we were wondering if we could go to a cafe to study."

"We have a cafe here."

"No, we have a cafeteria."

"The whole vibes are different," Nejire explained and Stasia nodded along as she separated the few clumped curls from her ponytail.

"I'm only writing this because you all are third years and I trust that as upperclassmen you'll protect your junior."

"You really are our junior, huh. " Mirio realized.

"Yep," Nejire confirmed. "Like the group's little sister, don't you think so Tamaki?"

"I just wanna go home."

"He knows that's not an option right?" Stasia asked looking up to Nejire where she put a finger to her lips.

"I'm actually gonna need a verbal confirmation that you'll be able to keep her safe."

"Yes, sir!"

"Fine." Tamaki groaned.

    The four actually did bring their books to the cafe. However, Nejire had her's closed as she helped Stasia with her work, Mirio just simply wasn't studying, all while Tamaki had his head buried in his textbook.

    "So is it, sixteen over nine?" Stasia asked and Nejire high-fived her immediately.

    "Yes!"

    "Good job Stasia!" Mirio smiled and was about to ruffle her hair until Tamaki interrupted, "Don't touch her hair Mirio."

    "I- it looks really nice Stasia."

    "Thank you, and thanks, Tamaki."

    "Sure." Stasia then closed her book and looked up at the group.

    "By the way, thanks for coming."

    "Of course! We are friends after all." Nejire reminded her. "Even though sometimes I don't really think you like us."

    "Why would you ever think that?"

    "Because I don't know if you noticed this but you always talk kinda monotone," Mirio said and Stasia paused to contemplate her next words.

    "You do realize that's just my voice right? Like I've always sounded like this."

    "Obviously we know what you sound like, we've known each other since you were thirteen. We just mean sometimes it changes and it's not always around us." Stasia had no Idea what Nejire talked and she didn't have the brainpower currently to process it now.

"Right."

"Just change the subject," Tamaki advised. "She doesn't know what you mean."

"Yeah, he's right, no clue." Stasia clarified and they moved on.

"Hey, what have you been doing since the raid?" Mirio asked.

"Well, since Gang Orca has me help with the remedial classes he wanted me, Kirishima, and Izuku to be villains for the final exam."

"Oh, you mean Deku?"

"Yeah."

"And Kirishima? Does he have his license too?" Mirio asked.

"Mhmm. He was one of the raid kids actually."

"Ohhh." All of the third years said.

"What?"

"So you're saying that kids without their licenses have to go against three kids who already have theirs and were a part of a raid. On top of that one of the kids is you?" Mirio paused and waited for her reaction, she nodded so he continued. "That power dynamic sounds a little off."

"I mean I guess I tip the scale a little. But they do have more kids than us and I've decided I'm only gonna use one quirk."

Nejire cocked her head to the side, "Isn't that cheating them out of a real fight?"

"I don't think so, it's probably the most realistic. I mean unless they're going against my sibling's ghosts or All For One breaks out of prison, they're not going to be facing off against anyone with multiple quirks."

"That's fair." Nejire shrugged and then looked out the window just in time to see the first snowflake fall. "Wow, I didn't realize we were that far into the year."

Mirio then looked out the window too, "Guess winter really is almost here, huh."

"Then spring, right," Stasia said and they all still stared out the window.

"Yeah, and then you get to be a second year, and you can finally be in the sports festival, and one more year until you're a part of the Big Three yourself," Mirio predicted.

"And you three will have graduated by then."

"I mean, yeah but-" Nejire finally turned back to her and saw how she fiddled with her hands.

"Aww Stas', don't cry!" Mirio pleaded.

"I'm not crying, just a little sad, I guess."

"I didn't know you had that emotion."

Tamaki sighed, "Not the time Mirio."

"It's not like this is the last time we'll all hang out. We still have around six months until then right?." Nejire said as she tried to look on the bright side.

"Right, but you'll probably get busy before that happens, and sure this isn't the last hangout, but it's probably one of the last few." They all stayed silent for a little bit as no one could say Stasia was wrong. The Big Three were Stasia's first real friends and until now it never occurred to her that the friendship wouldn't be forever. "I'm really gonna miss you three."

They walked her back to her dorm building and they each hugged her before they left. For Tamaki is was more her hugging him while he stood there but the sentiment was still the same. When she walked in Todoroki happened to be just leaving the common room so they wordlessly agreed to go up to their floor together.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" He asked.

"What do you- oh shit, your final exam. Are you ready? It doesn't really matter if I'm am."

"I would hope you're not, to be honest."

"Meaning?"

"I've seen how you fight with Bakugou, and that was only with one quirk, you'll be a tough opponent, especially if you're a villain." Her heart stung just a little bit at his words but she did her best to let it go after she convinced herself he intend to come off that way.

"I wish everyone would stop acting like going against me is such a big deal, we're all the same age."

"That's fair." When they got to the elevator she paused and he turned back. "What?"

"I have to go do something, so just go without me."

"Okay." Stasia waited a few minutes before she pulled out her phone then scrolled through her contacts until she found who she was looking for.

"Nastasia?"

"Hey Dad," She sniffled, "Can we talk?"