91) Bad Dreams

When Stasia dreams, she has two eyes. It's the first indicator of how she knows it's not real. That, and her hair is much shorter. She'll be closer to four feet than five and she'll be scared. Really scared.

The halls grew longer as she ran down them. Searching for an exit or a wall not covered in soot from the smoke that seemed to be entering her lungs at an exponential rate. Just as fast as she was losing blood, there was a wound on her abdomen, and it hurts. Bad.

It's hot. Too hot. Her limbs start to burn, and the exposed skin on her arms bubbles. It gets hard for her to breathe. With little oxygen still left in her lungs, she screams. And she screams and screams.

Someone grabs her, yanking her out of the building, dodging rubble and debris falling. Dodging her kicks as she tries to get them to stop. So that they can go back, she wasn't the only one there. They don't listen. They bring her outside, far enough from fire to be safe, close enough to watch; close enough to hear the screams. She can still hear the screams.

Stasia wakes up panting. She wheezed as she gasped for air, then clawed at her stomach to check to make sure there was no blood. And there wasn't. Then slowly brings her hand to check her eye, and there's nothing.

"It was just a dream," Bakugou told her, shoving bottled water in her hand. "You wake me up at midnight for that?"

"You don't....you don't get it-"

"Drink the damn water first, you sound like a dehydrated dog."

Stasia rolled her eyes, unscrewed the cap, and took a quick drink.

"Bakugou it was real."

"What?"

"It was real."

"Dreams aren't real dumbass," he reminded her.

"But nightmares are," she insisted.

"Please try and make some sort of sense."

"My quirk, Nightmare. It's not a showcase of someone's worst fears, they're flashbacks of their worst moments. The nightmares are real."

"So? You used your quirk on yourself. It doesn't mean anything but that you're an idiot."

"No, Bakugou when I do Nightmare's appearance isn't supposed to change. It's the present being placed in the past. Your hair, your height, everything, is just as it is now, no matter what it was then. If I had a nightmare I would have one eye, in this one I had two," she told him, trying her best to stress the importance.

"I'm just not following-"

"Appearances don't change in Nightmares, if my appearance changed, it means I'm not doing it. So who the hell is?"