38) Old Times

When Stasia got back to her aunt's place she was far beyond exhausted, mentally, that is. Physically she was at her peak, she always was after a fight but always going in knowing its outcome grew tiring.                

"Long day?" Kana asked.

"Yeah, but it was kinda my fault though."

"Oh really? So if you take responsibility for that you take responsibility for the thousands of dollars and equipment damage?" Stasia paused in taking off her shoes and looked up.

"In my defense, that was a clone, and I was saving children so not my fault."

"You know some people take responsibility for what their clones do."

"Yeah, not me. But how did you even know what happened?"

"They live-streamed it."

"Shit so the kids back at school are gonna see?"

"Not necessarily, I mean you fought him during standard school hours so I doubt they were able to watch it live. Also since the camera is broken it might take a bit to recover the footage so you have some time before they find out."

"Good, I don't want them to see it too early and worry about me until I get back."

"Aww, someone cares about their classmates."

"Yeah, I guess I got a little attached."

"So I take it you'll be leaving soon?"

"After the last visit."

"So soon."

"I can push it back-"

"Don't, I mean we still have time right?"

"The visit is scheduled for the end of the week." Stasia swallowed, it was Wednesday.

"Well," Kana paused. "Let's just make the most of the time we have while you're still here, hmm?"

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Like old times?"

"Like old times."  

***

Stasia's hair was drenched from her shower and the water dripped down onto the couch cushions. Kana's hair was wrapped up in a towel, her eyes fixed to the TV.  A horror movie played, one that Stasia was obsessed with when she was thirteen. Every time she would visit, this movie would always be on. Stasia turned over to face her aunt, who bit down on her nails.

"Do you want something to eat?" Stasia asked for Kana to nod, too engaged in the screen to even make eye contact. She pulled the blanket off of her and went down the hall to find the kitchen. Her phone vibrated in her pocket, it was the group chat she made with Todoroki and Midoriya. It was originally with Bakugou too, but he left the moment he was added. When she checked the notification it was a text if Midoriya wanted to study in the common room, she messaged back. "This is what private chats are for."          

"Right, sorry Stasia," Todoroki replied and she pocketed her phone. Her phone went off again but she could only assume it was Midoriya repeating Todoroki's apology, so she didn't check it.

Once she reached the fridge she bent down to the bottom shelf. She rifled through the vegetables until she found the Tupperware full of Honey Toast that Kana tried to hide from herself. "Do you have ice cream?" Stasia called out.

"Freezer." She stood back up and opened the freezer, instantly finding the vanilla ice cream. She set everything down on the counter and grabbed plates as well as spoons. She took out two pieces of the toast then scooped out the ice cream, and placed them perfectly in the center. As she walked back to the living room she was met with a smile as she handed Kana her plate. Stasia set hers down on the coffee table and for whatever reason she let her head fall onto her aunt's shoulder. Kana was surprised at first but gave in and smoothed her hand down her still wet hair.

"What's this for?"

"Like old times, remember?" She did.

a/n umm thanks so much for 900 reads and almost 1k once it gets there I'll release the playlist I have for TETMTS : )

so we hit it... so https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4FRSLGT96Nl5zXDSkMQQl8?si=Rq24TUHiTIWE5UyakIFIbQ&dl_branch=1 
thank you so much!
the playlist doesn't start until chapter 16 and right
now it's at crisis then it goes all the way till their third years so small hints for that