69) Boiling-point

"A what?"

    "A date," Kirishima repeated. "We should go on one."

    "Like-"

    "Before the break, preferably, or during works too I guess."

    "How about after?" she suggested. "If you still like me then," she whispered.

    "What was that?"

    "Nothing," she swore, smiling at him. "Nothing. Let's go on a date, Kiri."

    She knows good and well they're never going on that date

    ***

    Back at Aizawa's place, Stasia helped Eri pack her suitcase, a task that took double the amount of time that it should have because the girls wouldn't stop goofing off. Eventually though after hours of jokes and giggles, it got done.

    Stasia sat on the couch as Eri laid her head on her lap, slowly running her fingers through her sister's hair. Stasia hummed contently to herself before her eyes flicked up to the door as it began to unlock. Aizawa entered, setting his things down and taking his shoes off, then wordlessly picks up Eri and takes her back to her room. Stasia waited anxiously for Aizawa to return and when he did, she could tell he was trying his best not to scream.

    "Why am I hearing that you yelled at Ikakun?"

    "No idea, that was when I couldn't talk, I was using sign language, aggressively sure but-"

    "Nastasia!"

    "Dad," she combated and he sighed sitting down next to her. "All Might told me they wouldn't find out and they have a group chat about me speculating about what I'm hiding. And I shouldn't have even told anyone because the 'feeding into it' order is making them hate me. And who can blame because I only knew they were suspecting by looking at my best friend's phone while I'm pretty sure he searched my room. The worst thing is when I checked they weren't saying anything about the Sinclairs so they don't even know but have you seen how they all look at me now? Bakugou's disgusted. Midoriya looks scared, and Todoroki- Dad we haven't had a real conversation in weeks. They know something's up and I can't tell them and it's killing me."

    "It will blow over after the mission."   

    "I just don't know if I believe you,"  she quietly confessed, before she hung her head down as she fiddled with her fingers.

    The room fell quiet for a few minutes and just as Stasia was about to get up and leave, Aizawa sighed.

    "What do you wanna do?"

    "What?" she asked, confused.

    "Whatever you want to do to try and fix it, go do it," he encouraged.

    "But, Dad I wanna-"

    "I know, I support you, go."

    As she walked back to the dorms, she had to continuously reconvince herself that this was the right thing to do. That she can't expect them to trust her if she never truly trusted them. That they were-

    "I think we need to consider it, as much as we don't want to," Midoriya said.

    She spotted the three outside of the building, Todoroki and Midoriya sitting on the steps as Bakugou glared down at them. She quickly moved out of sight and got in a position where she could hear clearly.

    "Deku I swear if you say that shit again," Bakugou warned.

    "Bakugou, he's not wrong," Todoroki pointed out. "Her file-"

    "I don't give a shit about that file, we know her," Bakugou reminded them.

    "File?" Stasia mouthed.

    "But do we know her enough to know what she'll do? And I mean can we guarantee her decision?"

     Bakugou started to pull up his sleeve as she slowly made his way to Midoirya muttering, "I swear to-"

    Todoroki stuck his hand out to hold him back and sighed, saying, "if we're gonna believe what the file says and treat it as true, that her parents are the Orage Mortelle. We also have to face the fact that her behavior could be explained by-" Todoroki paused, not wanting to face it himself. "By her being on their side."

    Stasia's heart dropped so hard the bottom of her stomach ached. Her breathing became erratic and no matter how many times she shocked herself, she couldn't get herself to calm down. They knew. They stole her file and they knew. She thought her worst fear was to become like her parents, to become like All For One, to become a villain. No, it's really to be perceived as one by the people she loves most.

The thought just- she couldn't take it.

    Three times, three instances, three events that made Stasia break;

One: when she found out Eri was in the possession of Overhaul.

Two: the licensing exam when Camie used her glamor quirk on Stasia to make her believe Kirishima said something that he didn't.

Three: her best friends of almost a year, grouping together and going behind her back, and thinking that she could be a villain, probably already seeing her as one.

One, two, three.

SNAP