30) Call

December.

    Midoriya sat next to Todoroki at lunch as they both ate quietly. Todoroki set his Soba down for a moment then turned to his side, "Are you still with Nighteye's agency, for your work-study?"

    "No, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing, to be honest."

    "Since I got my license, my dad asked me to come with him, want to join?" He asked and Midoriya nearly choked on his food.

    "With your dad? Endeavor?"

    "Yes. He doesn't have anybody, and which isn't surprising he's not really likable."

    "Harsh," Karminari whispered as he walked by with Bakugou.

    "Oh yeah, Bakugou, you should come too."

    "The hell are you talking about?"

    "Work-studies, I know you don't have one."

    "So? I just got my license, I'm sure the offers will come rolling in."

    "Sure."

    "What's that supposed to mean?" Bakugou asked and slammed his tray down on the table.

    "Just consider it," Todoroki advised and Bakugou scoffed before he walked away.                 

    "Whatever." They returned back to their lunch at that, but Midoriya still kept the offer in the back of his mind.

They went back to class to get a lecture from Aizawa about hero etiquette. Kirishima's mood had definitely spread to the rest of 1-A. Half of them were barely listening and the ones who were just weren't retaining any of the information. It was safe to say Aizawa had grown incredibly annoyed. This had been going on for a month now and he was tired of it.

"I want you to give me a good reason why none of you are paying attention."

"Um-" Midoriya stammered while the whole class averted their eyes.

"There has to be an answer so someone say something."

"We- we miss Stasia." Kirishima said while Bakugou rolled his eyes, "Speak for yourself."

"You miss your classmate, and that's why all of your performances have been affected?"

"Her absence kind of throws me off." Kirishima winced.

"Yeah, and what if she's not coming back?" Mina worried.

"She's sixteen." He reminded them.

Karminari nodded, but still asked, "But isn't she invincible?"

"It doesn't matter her power level, she's a sixteen-year-old child who's not self-sufficient, she was always going to come back."

"Are you sure?" Sato asked.

"Yes, I talk to her when she can. And she didn't leave for whatever you might think, she left for answers." Aizawa sighed as he took out his phone then dialed a number.

"Hello?" Kirishima's eyes immediately flicked up at the sound of the voice.

"How's the mission?"

"Good, I mean you're interrupting a little-"

"When are you coming back?"

"A week or two?" They guessed. "I'll be home for Christmas, promise." A glimmer of hope returned to the class but still, they needed one more confirmation. "Hey, Dad I think I'm gonna have to hang-" Before she could finish Aizawa hung up on her and pocketed his phone. He looked back to his class and saw their faces, they all smiled in a way that showed their anger for being kept in their dark for so long but it was overpowered with relief that she was okay.

"Now," Aizawa started, "Let's get back to work."

a/n I'll be uploading again on Monday and I'll explain why then, but in the meantime, I added a picture from picrew of what she looks like this was the best i could do (I have a glass painting but it's when she's a third-year so I can't show it) I'm so excited for 31 ahhh