70) The Eyes That Make the Storm

The night before summer break began, Stasia was in her room doing a checklist on everything that was supposed to be in her bag before she left for home in the morning. Just when she was finished there was a knock on her door. The sound confused her because Kirishima had left an hour ago and there was no one else she was expecting. Still, though hesitantly she opened the door.

    "What?" she asked, annoyed at the sight of them.

    "Training, remember. We were gonna get one last one in before break, and you've been slacking anyways, let's go," Bakugou told her.

    "Oh, we're still doing that?"

    "Why wouldn't we be?" Midoriya wondered.

    "Yeah, we texted you," Todoroki said.

    "Oh, didn't get it," she shrugged.

    "Don't care," Bakugou interrupted, "you're coming, get your shit together, we'll be by the elevator," he told her then left, Midoriya and Todoroki following.

    She scoffed before she grabbed a hair tie and slipped it onto her wrist, smiling before calling out, "coming."

    As they ran around the perimeter of the campus they noticed the lights shutting off in the buildings and stopped.

    "Shit," Bakugou muttered.

    "We missed curfew," Todoroki said.

    "We should go back," Midoriya suggested.

    "Why?" Stasia asked, "we're getting in trouble whether we go back now or in three hours, might as well make it worth it."

    "What if we get in trouble?" Todoroki asked.

    "Everyone leaves for break tomorrow morning, the hell are they going to do?"

    Midoriya paused before asking, "Stasia are you-"

    "Make a choice now!" Bakugou urged. "They just let the mutt out."

    They looked over to the dorm building to see Hound Dog sniffing around the outside before he suddenly stopped and slowly looked up.

    "Run," Stasia whispered, and they all darted off. "Mute: smell."

    The moment her words hit the air Hound Dog began to scream in frustration.

    "What did you say?" Todoroki asked, being the only one in the group that heard her.

    "Nothing, go faster!"

    The four ran until the boys got tired and Stasia stopped as well. They took a moment to catch their breaths, an attention occupying task as their adrenaline was still pumping. Finally, once they calmed down they took a look around at their surroundings, becoming confused when they didn't recognize the area.

    "Where are we?" Todoroki asked.

    "I-" Midoriya began to speak but stopped, not having an answer either.

    "No idea," Stasia admitted.

    Just a few minutes outside of the woods that surround the school was an abandoned city. It was obvious no one had been there in years as there were gaping holes in the roads and the building was taken over by greenery. It was eerie especially because of how late it was but at the same time, part of it was beautiful.

    "It's like a rundown Ground Beta," Bakugou pointed out.

    "It's what it looks like after you two fight," Midoriya teased and Bakugou glared at him.