73) Deja Vu

Something about this situation felt strange, familiar. Being stuck in a contained area with people she can't stand to be around. It was almost like it'd happened before. Weird.

    The four almost had an unspoken rule that if one of them was in a room the other three would be in another. That's how Stasia expected it to last for the rest of the month so when Bakugou entered the common room Stasia left to go sit outside. Only when she did. Bakugou followed.

    She was sitting on the stairs when he came out and then silently sat down next to her. She was about to leave again but then sighed, gathering the courage to speak, "I never told anyone."

    "What?"

    "About my hair, I've never told anyone not even my dad knows, in fact I didn't even mean to tell you three, it just slipped."

    "Why didn't you tell him?"

    "It's embarrassing, my most defining feature is based on my trauma from like ten years ago. I'm supposed to be a hero but I'm scared to cut my hair, because I think- I think I don't know that I owe it to her; me when I was locked in that place. I couldn't even save myself this is the least I could do, you know," she confessed and Bakugou sighed with disappointment.

    "This is bullshit."

    "What is?"

    "This avoiding each other shit and not talking, it's stupid and we both know it."

    Stasia paused, "yeah it is."

    "I even don't care," Bakugou said and Stasia turned to him.

    "Huh?"

    "I don't care who you're biologically related to, idiot, I never did."

    "You looked at me-"

    "Because you lied. You spew all this bullshit about us being best friends but you've been lying to me since you got here."

    "I- I'm sorry-" Stasia began to stutter out an apology but before she could finish, Bakugou interrupted her, "I understand why you did it."

    "You do?"

    "Yeah, I get it. But from now on you have to tell me the truth."

    "I will," she agreed instantly.

    "Stasia, I mean everything."

    Stasia leaned over and whispered in Bakugou's ear; everything.

    She got a ping of deja vu just then; something about telling someone things she never thought she'd say out loud, especially to the person she'd said it to. Coming in indifferent and leaving closer than before. It was all so familiar, almost as it happened before, maybe it did. But for some reason, it was as if the memory of it was fried.

a/n chapters 11-14 were so long ago, it's crazy