54) Story

"Okay, this is how far out me and Midoriya used to go," Stasia said once they had gone deep enough into the woods then looked back at Eri and Aizawa.

    "What if I accidentally ruin your quirk?" Eri worried.

    "That's why he's here just in case this gets out of hand. Plus I have sixteen, you'll be fine."

    "And what if I take all of them?"

    "Then I'll call Kana, I'll be fine, and you'll be great."

    "But I'm nervous."

    "Hey that's okay, we all have to start somewhere, I mean back when I first started I couldn't keep calm, I was jumpy, really low confidence, and I used to cry every time I broke a bone."

    Aizawa sighed, "That's a normal reaction."

    "Yeah, like the first time but after three you should be used to it, and crying is kind of a waste anyway, that's why I never do it."

    "You don't cry?" Eri asked

    "I cried once, I think it was the first week I got here and that was the first time I've done it since in years, will never happen again."

    "Well that's not healthy," Aizawa commented. "But I think what she means is where you start doesn't matter, you can still grow up to be a great hero like her." Eri smiled then looked up at Stasia, "So where did you start?"

    "What? You mean like birth or-"

    "How did you become a hero?"

    "That's- that's a long story."

    "I don't mind!"

    "But like, it's really long, and aren't we supposed to be training?"

    "It might help," Aizawa said and once again she was roped into doing whatever Eri wanted.

    "Okay, so- he adopted me when I was ten and I got my license at thirteen so when this all started I was twelve. Yeah, I was twelve."

***

    Stasia sat in the teacher's lounge with her legs crossed on the couch. She looked over the math homework she had gotten and she had no idea what she was doing. Obviously, she wasn't being taught academics when she was an experiment so when she started school, she was behind. Two years later, and she still was. Of course, no one was judging her for it but she was still embarrassed. She was supposed to be moved up to middle school next year but with how she was doing it wasn't likely.

    The door opened and Ectoplasm first saw a child where she wasn't supposed to be but before he got ready to lecture her, he noticed how her eyes were puffy as tears streamed down her face.

    "Are you okay?"

    "I don't get it."

    "What? Do you have a parent here or something?"

    "I feel really stupid."

    "Stop crying."

    "But I don't- I don't-"

    "What subject?"

    "Ma- math."

    "If I help you will you stop crying?" She sniffled and looked up at him before she nodded. He sat down across from her then took the paper from her and looked it over. "There's nothing on this paper."

    "Cause I don't get it." He heard her voice get shaky again and he sighed.

    "Right, okay so, let's start with number one-"