27) Retrace

Everyone was in the common room now. Dressed in pajamas as they yawned. The only motive for their loss of sleep was to figure out what happened to their classmate. "So she left-" Iida started and Bakugou groaned, "How many times are we going to repeat this! She left with me, Deku, and IcyHot."

    "And what time was that?" Shoji asked.

    "Around, eight, I think," Todoroki answered. "She seemed fine though."

    "Really?" Midoriya questioned. "She seemed kind of- joyless."

    "She's literally always like that, dumbass. At least when her head's not messed up. It's when she actually has emotions that's a problem." Bakugou informed them and they nodded.

    "That makes sense, I mean she seems pretty level-headed. Probably like the calmest one in the class. Also, you notice how her voice never has any inflection? It's kinda freaky cause you can never tell-"

    "Wait." Kirishima stopped Karminari, "Her voice was different after the exam."

    "Yeah, it was a little shaky." Midoriya agreed. "But the only thing that happened between the walk and then was the exam and all she did that was different was clone herself."

    "She barely clones herself though," Kirishima realized. "There was the time at the raid, the training where she messed up and made too many, and then there was today."

    "If she made too many she doesn't have complete control over it," Tokoyami said. "So she might only use it rarely and when she does, it must be important." 

"Meaning something probably happened during the exam," Todoroki guessed. "Something that would make her go to talk to Gang Orca and not come back."

"It's like you all never think," Bakugou grunted. "If she was leaving, why would she go to the guy she does her work-study with? She was lying."

"So then," Karminari paused. "We have no hints to where her whereabouts are."

"We could always check where she last was," Momo suggested.

"No, Stasia's not the type to leave traces behind if that wasn't her intention." Midoriya reminded them and they all stayed silent for a bit.

"What if something happened to her? You know like with Bakugou?" Kirishima asked for Bakugou to scream, "Shut up I was doing fine!"

"You think Stasia got kidnapped?" Midoriya worried.

"How about let's just wait until the morning before jumping to conclusions," Todoroki said and they all agreed, then headed to bed.

The next morning Kirishima stood outside Stasia's door that was still open from last night. Still empty. Her scent faded with her no longer being there to refresh it. "Shit.' He whispered before he closed the door and walked away. When he got to class he started at the empty seat in the back of the room.

"How is standing in front of the class helping anything, Kirishima?" Aizawa asked and Kirishima jumped at the sound of his voice.

"It helps nothing."

"Then sit down."

"Yes, sir." He did so as Aizawa went over to the podium to start class. Before he did so he gazed around the room then landed in the back.

"No, Sugiyama?" They all shook their heads and waited for his reaction only for there to be none. "Well, let's begin class, today we're going to be-"

Kirishima picked around his food during lunch as Karminari and Sero stared in confusion, "Why are you acting so weird?" Sero asked. "She didn't even sit with us."

"Yeah, she's always with those third years." Karminari remembered and Kirishima finally perked up, "She sits with the Big Three?"

"Yeah, that's what I just said."

"So they might know where she is?" Kirishima asked and before they could answer he had already gotten up to find their table. He found them sitting in the center of the cafeteria just as Nejire finished her conversation with Mirio and it ended with them both laughing. "I need your help."

"Oh, hey, you're that Red Riot kid from the raid!" Nejire smiled.

"I heard you were a big help," Mirio said and Kirishima nodded, slightly embarrassed from the praise.

"Yeah, um have you heard from Ya- Sugiyama today?" He corrected himself and the three shook their heads.

"Not today. But she called me yesterday." Mirio said.

"Really? What did she say?"

"Nothing much, I think she just wanted a distraction, she seemed kind of shaken up."

"Yeah, and when she texted us she had a lot of typos," Nejire recalled and Tamaki agreed. "Why?"

"She didn't come back to the school yesterday." He told them and Mirio almost laughed. "What?"

"Were you thinking something happened to her?"

"I don't know what to think, we all want her to come back if-"

"Hey, if Stasia's not here she left on her own accord, she didn't get kidnapped." Tamaki assured which let Kirishima take a sigh of relief.

"That's good, so at least when we find her she'll-"

"You're not gonna find her." Nejire giggled. "How long was it before Mirio?"

"It had to be at least three or four months when she disappeared last time."

"Last time?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah, she just left around the beginning of the school year and didn't come back until the summer," Mirio said. "She's probably just doing that again," All held out hope was crushed when Mirio said his next words, "If she's really gone like last time, you'll become second years before you see her again."