88) Festival

"Yeah, no."

"I don't know how many times I have to say this, you can't just say no to required school activities," Aizawa told her over breakfast.

"There is no point in me going," Stasia explained.

"But you'll miss the candied apples!" Eri protested and Stasia smiled.

"Well, you'll just have to bring me back some."

"Nastasia you're going."

"Dammit," she hissed.

"Language," he warned.

Stasia winced a quiet, "damn." Eri laughed.

***

"We have ten days to pick our class theme for the festival," Mr. Ikakun said. "Now while I would love to hear your ideas and do a vote and all that nonsense. How about we just decide today and perfect it with more time to spare and lessen the chance of me being embarrassed."

Stasia hesitantly raised her hand and he nodded so she spoke, "pumpkin patch."

"Great idea, Sugiyama!" Iida congratulated and Stasia, bewildered, turned back to look at Bakugou.

"What?" he mouthed.

"It's been so long since I've seen Iida, the last time I had two eyes."

Bakugou scoffed and for a tiny second, a grin flashed across his face.

"That works," Mr. Ikakun agreed, the enthusiasm the class expected, lacking, but then again they shouldn't have expected any in the first place.

Planning their part for the festival went off without a hitch before they realized the day had come.

Class 2-A were all dressed in flannels and jeans as they took turns standing behind the booth that had chestnut cake, royal milk tea, and of course, candied apples.

"Have a nice day," Stasia said dryly as she handed a student their drink. As they walked away, she heard snickers behind her and she reluctantly turned to see Karminai and Sero laughing at her. She rolled her eyes before she brought out a sign that read 'back in fifteen'.

"I'm gonna go look around, I'll be back," she announced and began to walk away.

"Can we come?" Karminari whined.

"Nope."

Stasia took her time visiting each class' booth, introducing herself to the students running them, and making light conversation with the teachers. She, of course, saved the best for last and after around fifteen minutes, she finally made her way to class 1-A.

"Stasia!" a student screamed at her arrival and she flinched as he tried to hug her. "Oh-"

She eventually forced herself to relax her body and slowly patted him on the back until he let go, then ran off.

"You let people touch you now?"

She turned and found Aizawa in a hidden corner of the festival, though close enough to still watch his class.

"The ice heart melts a bit every day," she joked and walked over to where he sat and took the lone seat next to him. "How's whatever... this is?"

"I'm not even sure," he admitted as his students ran around sporting at least seven different themes while running their class cafe. There was a mix of summer and fall drinks and treats while also having what looked like a face paint station next to a fake cherry blossom tree.

"What the hell?" she whispered and he only rolled his eyes before he asked, "how is your first festival?"

"Pretty good. I'm excited to see who wins the beauty pageant. My bets on- oh," she interrupted herself, "have you seen Eri?"

"What? No, I thought she was staying by your booth?'

"No, I haven't seen her in a half hour."

Just in time to get Stasia in trouble, Eri arrived holding at least three candied apples in each hand with a wide smile on her face.

"Look what class 2-B has! I can have them all right?"

Aizawa slowly turned to Stasia who stood up and quietly backed away until out of sight. Not looking behind her, she ran right into Bakugou who cursed her.

"Watch where you're going dumbass."

"Sorry- oh you, take it back," she said, smiling and he scoffed. "Where have you been? You left me alone with dumb and dumber."

"Just wanted to walk around I guess."

"I might do that too, my dad might kill me. I indirectly might be the cause of Eri on a sugar rush."

"We're not going anywhere if he kills you, I wanna watch."

Before he could sneer they both heard their names being screamed by their underclassmen who didn't get a chance to say hi. Bakugou grimaced at the cheer in their voice and they shared a silent look before running away.

They found themselves on the steps of Heights Alliance, eating snacks found from their own fridge not daring to head back to the festival

"Only one more, huh?" she figured in between bites of Jagariko.

"The hell are you talking about?"

"Festivals. We're second years, we gotta make 'em count right?"

"Isn't this your last one now?"

"What?"

"Didn't you say how you could graduate early when you turn eighteen?"

"Oh. Yeah, I... haven't thought about that, in a while actually."

"That's just cause you don't usually think," he said and she gasped. Slightly offended and slightly impressed with how quick he was to insult.

"Shut up." She laughed and looked down at her shoes. She sighed as she confessed, "how could I leave you though? I mean what would King Explosion Murder do without me?" she teased.

"Who told you that?"

"Your friends are my friends. Of course, I know about you're stupid hero name. I mean King Exp-"

"It's Dynamite."

"I- like my quirk name?"

"No! Like my quirk, idiot!"

"Sounds a lot like mine, though," she said with a shrug, fighting back a smile as he grew more irritated.

"I will-"

"Do it," she suggested amused and he huffed.

While she's not a hundred percent sure on what she'll do when her eighteenth birthday comes, something tells she's not done. Not yet.

a/n I know it's been a while, I started school but I will try my best to get a more consistent upload schedule