62) Levels

It was a half-hour before school started and instead of Stasia being on a run with her friends, eating breakfast with her family, or even getting ready, she was in the teacher's lounge with All Might.

    "So, what you're saying is-"

    "You could be unlocking something."

    "Like a seventeenth power?"

    "No, unlocking levels of your first one."

    "I'm confused."

    "Your lightning is purple, your starting point, now, in theory, you should be able to dilute or increase your power."

    "You mean I could make it red?"

    "Or even blue, which I've heard you've already achieved."

    "No, that was with Bakugou it doesn't-"

    "We both know you are stronger than him, the strength that he added to the combination move, you already possessed. If you really wanted your lightning to be blue it would have by now, and I think you knew that."

    "You know that if it changes colors- to their colors they're going to know."

    "I honestly don't think they will, it's been a year, and the only person to figure out I gave Midoriya One for All was Bakugou, and even then was a suspicion. No one would automatically assume a connection just because you both have lightning quirks. Plus, as of recently when your biological parents want someone's attention, it's yours. I don't see them making a big show out of things and revealing themselves. They're not going to find out."

    "They really won't know?" she asked and he shook his head. She sighed then, decided to circle back, "so I know how to do basically everything I can with my purple lightning. But if the different colors are levels like you said, how do I unlock a new one?"

    "Well-"

***

    All Might's advice was simple enough; practice in a preferably empty area and when she usually holds back, don't, and if that wasn't enough get rid of her set mental block that keeps her at her current level, bring a conductor to force her to.

    So that's why she had a copper wire shoved into the pocket of her sweatpants, as she walked into the common room that night, prepared to ask Karminari for help.

    She kept repeating, "they're not gonna find out, they're not gonna find out," as she walked closer but then stopped and squinted as she noticed they were watching something live on TV.

    Kirishima conveniently turned around and motioned for her to come closer. She did so and he moved over so she was now sandwiched in between him and Bakugou. She could see two people fighting against a pro hero, Endeavor she believed as Todoroki was watching intently on the other side of the couch. She stared at him for a few seconds before she looked back at the screen, trying harder to see what villains he was fighting against. Especially since they were beating Endeavor, a task she would never admit was very difficult. She saw a flash appear across the screen that went away as quickly as it appeared and she felt her heart sink. Her suspicions were confirmed once the headline appeared at the bottom of the screen.

'#1 HERO BEATEN BY ORAGE MORTELLE COUPLE THAT'S RESURFACED AFTER 13 YEARS'

"They're not gonna find out, they're not gonna find out," she frantically repeated again this time in her head as they switched the stream over to two reporters back in the station.

"Endeavor is said to suffer many Litchenberg burns but we all wish him a speedy recovery as he is taken to the hospital." Todoroki looked at her and she nodded, wordlessly telling him that his dad would be fine as usually, the burns aren't that serious. He took a sigh of relief and she did too as a weight felt lifted

    The moment of relief was quickly stolen from her as the reporter continued, "it has been a decade since this couple has been active so we can only wonder why now have they returned? Witnesses report the couple frightening citizens as they ask them a question and harm them if they don't get the answer they wanted. What question may you ask? 'Where is our daughter?'"

    'Shit.'