Lacey

I am so excited about tonight! Ash and I haven't caught up together for a few weeks and honestly it feels as though I've been missing a limb. We have been friends ever since he moved in next door to me when I was seven. Our neighbourhood was one of those sickly friendly places where every one knew every one else. So naturally when someone new moved onto our street we were all excited. By the time we were ten we declared each other best friends for life. We were inseparable and we still are.

Our friend Manny is celebrating his twenty first birthday tonight at a bar near my house. I am super stoked about this because I wouldn't have to drunkenly stumble very far and goodness knows I plan to get black out drunk. It's been far too long since I felt safe enough to do so. Being surrounded by familiar friends who would have my back no matter what... Yep! Just what I need to finally let my hair down. Plus I had been pretty sick and on antibiotics for a few weeks so I really needed this.

I retrieve my favourite little black dress from the back of my closet and place it on my bed along with a pair of black pumps. I shower quickly, shave everything and moisturise my whole body with cocoa butter, my favourite scented lotion. Plus it makes my skin feel silky smooth. I got dressed in my favourite lacy black bra and panty set and proceed to put on my make up. I elected to go with a simple smokey palette with cat eye-liner and a nude lip to go with it. I stood proudly in front of the mirror, finally feeling good about the way I look after a series of disastrous dates recently.

I put on my dress and heels, grab my clutch filled with my necessities, spritz a bit of perfume on and rush out of my apartment, ensuring I lock it securely. I take the lift down to the ground floor and walk the few blocks until I reach the bar. As soon as I enter, I spot our crew over in a couple booths in the corner, raucous laughter spilling over. I smile as I take in the familiar faces of Manfred, Ashton, Juliet, Sarah, Thomas, Rick and Suzette.

"Lacey girl! You look freaking amazing babes!" Jules yells at me as I cross the room. Everyone's eyes flick to mine and a few jaws drop to the ground.

"HOLY SHIT!" Ash groans just loud enough for me to hear and I smile inwardly. Score one for the dress.

Manny comes rushing over and hugs me tight with his big beefy frame. "Well happy birthday to me? Tell me... If I am a good boy do I get to unwrap you as my present?" I giggle and kiss his cheek.

"I dunno Manfred? Have you been a good boy this year?" I smile coyly and play along.

"Fuck no! But damn girl, you look good enough to eat!"

"You're such a flirt Manny!"

"You know it girlie."

My eyes flick to Ash who is standing mute with his mouth still hanging wide open. I grin and turn to hug everyone else.

"I love that dress on you," Sarah grins.

"Me too!" Suzie chips in.

"Annnnd we all know the guys are loving it!" Jules giggles.

Rick grabs me in a bear hug and kisses my cheek. "Looking good there hot stuff, more so than usual!"

"Thanks," I mumble shyly. "I wanted to feel good about myself and this felt good."

"Move over and stop monopolising Lace!" Tommy chuckles and Rick reluctantly let's me go with a wink. "Come here and show me some loving girl! It's been too long since I've seen you!" I jump into Tommy's arms and he swings me around. Tommy has been away fighting with the army. I haven't seen him in two years.

"Wow! Let me get a good look at you..." I pull back and look him up and down. "Damn boy! When did you get so sexy!" I hear a growl behind me and shrug it off.