Ashton

I'm really starting to worry here. I haven't seen Lacey in weeks, her apartment is practically empty of all things Lacey and none of us have seen her in person. I don't know what to do. Manny has tried to reach out and so have I but to no avail. Maybe I'll ask the girls to see her? Just to make sure she is okay. Something is up, I can feel it in my bones.

I want to help Lacey so bad but she is pushing me away. Who knew that when I finally realised I am in love with her that I wouldn't be able to have her? Sounds crazy to me, but I won't give up on her. She is my best friend first, before any feelings I have been feeling about wanting more come in to play.

I decide that calling one of the girls is the best course of action. They have her back just like I do. Well not quite like I do but you get what I mean. They love her too.

"Hey Jules, how have you been?"

"Really good Ash! How are you?"

"Not great truthfully... I'm really worried about Lacey..."

"What! Why? What's going on?"

"I don't really know Jules. No one has seen her in weeks. I've visited her place a few times and more and more of her stuff is gone. I have a bad feeling about Kevin and no before you say anything... It's not just jealousy. My spidey-sense is tingling."

"Really? Her stuff is gone? That's weird."

"Yep and when I asked her about it she seemed surprised. She had no idea Kevin had been moving more of her stuff..."

"Hmmm okay. So what do you need from me?"

"Can you check in on her? Maybe visit her at her work. I know she won't see me because Kevin is there and I don't want to cause more problems for her."

"Yeah I was thinking of catching up with her anyway. I'll surprise her and figure things out okay?"

"Thanks Jules! You're the best!"

"I know!"

I chuckle. "How are you and Tommy doing?"

"Good. Really good actually. I feel like an idiot for not noticing him sooner!"

"Kinda hard when he was deployed!" I laugh.

"I mean before that you jackass!"

We laugh and chat for a little longer before I hang up. I sigh in relief knowing Jules is on the case. If anyone can figure out what is up with Lacey... It's Jules. She inserts herself wherever she wants.

♡♡♡

I wake up with Lacey cuddled up against me and I hold her tight for a little longer. I see the sun just breaking over the horizon and know our time is almost up. I have to sneak her back soon, but for a few more minutes I lay as still as I can. I feel it the moment she stirs. Little flutterings on my bare chest as her eyes blink open and closed. I inhale the scent of her shampoo one last time before I see her beautiful blue orbs staring up at me.

"Hi," she says all shy-like.

I love how she looks in the morning. So soft, sweet and messy... Yup! Her messy hair stands in every direction only making her look more pure and untouched. Like a wild cat who has tousled in the grass. I tuck some hair behind her ear so I can see her face more clearly.

"Good morning Lace. How did you sleep?"

"Really well Ash. Thank you."

"Anytime sunshine. I'm always here for you. I'll always be around when you need me."

"Thanks. I wish we could stay like this forever..."