Lacey

Once we got through telling our parents, we organised a get together with our friends next weekend. Ash and I were tossing up between hosting them at one of our houses or going out to dinner together. It's been ages since we have done that. We usually just catch up for drinks and party together. However we have important news that we want to share. So I voted for a nice dinner and on the plus side we wouldn't have to clean up!

Work was crazy busy and with less nausea impacting my day to day I was more productive. Kevin no longer approached me but I could feel his eyes on me frequently. It made my skin crawl with how often I felt them. Was he always like this and I just didn't notice? Was I so caught up in someone actually liking me that I ignored the red flags.

Either way it doesn't matter now. All I know is that it's making me uncomfortable but he technically isn't doing anything wrong so there's nothing I can do. I don't dare leave the building for lunch as I'm not liking the vibe Kevin is sending my way.

Ash is away for work overnight and I don't want to be alone at my place so I call Jules to come stay with me. She is happy to come over straight after work. I rush around my place tidying it up before Juliet arrives. I've gone ahead and pre cut all the salads for tacos so we just have to cook the mince and heat the shells when we're ready to eat.

Jules storms through my place like she owns it, bringing with her a breath of fresh air and dampening the dour mood I was finding myself stuck in. Her incessant chatter loosens the worry from my chest as we catch up on all things Tommy and Ash related.

"Like seriously... He does this thing with his tongue where he-"

"JULES!!! TMI!"

"Haha. I'm sorry, you know me, I can't help it. But seriously he is amazing and I am just so happy with him you know? How are you and Ash doing?"

A smile spreads across my face unwillingly. "Great, really great. I'm so happy with him I could just burst. We told our parents about us last weekend when we went to visit."

"Oh really? That's great! How did it go?"

"Mostly okay. I had some blow back from my mum but his parents were super supportive."

"What did she say?"

"Mostly how I'm too young to have a baby and her fears about Ash hurting me."

"That's bullshit! Plus we both know that Ash already hurt you and feels horrible about it. He fought tooth and nail to get you to agree to be with him. He wouldn't do anything to risk hurting you ever again. We both know that."

"Yes we do, but I really couldn't tell my mother the in depth reasons for how I know Ash would never hurt me."

"Too true," Jules agrees. "I hope she comes around though."

"She touched my stomach before we left and said that the baby will move soon and that I would love how amazing it feels. So yeah, she will get used to it pretty quickly I'd say."

"I'm so excited about the dinner. It's been hard keeping this knowledge to myself. I haven't even told Tommy and that's world record material right there."

I laugh at her joke. "Thank you Jules. We really appreciate you giving us this private time. Without it, I don't think we would have as strong a bond as we have right now. Having time to develop our relationship without our nosy friends butting in has been so important. You know what Manny is like!"

We both laugh. Manny is a nosy as fuck and he would certainly stick it to Ash any chance he could get.

"Ahhh Manny. The class clown. Still living up to that title to this day. Does he still rile Ash up?"