Ashton

I didn't get to kiss Lacey awake this morning because I had to go to work early which makes me a little sad. Pathetic I know but that's just something I've come to accept. I crave her in every way and when I don't get my fix I'm like a pouty child. I used to tease people who acted like me and now I'm living it, I find that I don't give a shit. I am hopelessly in love with my girl and I couldn't be happier.

We just fit together really well. The ease and fun of our friendship is still there, but now we have a heavy deep connection going on too and I love it. It's like I get to have the best of both worlds. I get to have my cake and eat it too! Who else can say they have that? I send her a couple of messages throughout the morning and she replies back about missing me too which makes me smile.

The day is busy, so much so that I don't have a chance to text until I'm ready to leave for home. Suzi is taking Lacey to my place as she has a key to get in. We really need to have a talk about where we are going to live. I think my home is a better option as there is more space but I don't want Lacey to feel like I'm pushing an agenda.

As soon as I get home and see the strain in their bodies I instantly know something is wrong.

"What happened!?!"

"ASH!" Lacey gets up excitedly and runs to me. I open my arms just in time to catch her. Her body clings to me and I'm on high alert.

"Suzi, what's going on?"

"I'll let her tell you but there was an small incident at work." My nostrils flare as my anger rises. Suzi pats Lacey on the back. "I'm going to go now that Ash is here. Call me if you need okay?"

"Okay..." Lacey mumbles from my chest.

"Thanks Suzi."

"Any time Ash. See you soon."

I walk Suzi out with Lacey still attached to me. I lock the door and help her over to the couch and sit her in my lap facing me. Lifting her chin up with my hand I stare in her soulful blue eyes. "Tell me what happened beautiful."

"It's nothing really."

"Suzi wouldn't still be sitting here if it was nothing."

"As I was leaving work I noticed Kevin at the elevators so I decided to take the stairs. I figured if I go down one flight then wait for the elevator to come back up I could catch a ride down by myself."

"Okay..."

"Only Kevin was waiting for me one flight down and he grabbed my arm. I tried to explain about the baby and stuff but I don't know how much got through to him. I still think he believes the baby is his and I'm hiding it. Anyway security came then and escorted us both down. Suzi was worried when I didn't come down and asked security to check the footage and that's it..."

"That's it? That's it!?! Lacey this is getting worse. HR know about his actions and yet shit like this still happens. Where did he grab you?"

"Just on my upper arm. It's okay it didn't bruise or anything."

"Fuck!" I hug her to my chest and inhale her scent into my lungs in an attempt to calm my nerves. "I don't like this Lacey. Someone is harassing you inside and outside of work. I don't like it. Is that all that happened?"
Lacey quivers in my embrace. "Baby?"

"Someone wrote whore and put it in my stack of invoices. I think it was Kevin because he mouthed the word at me from across the room after I saw the page."

"I want to kill him!"

"No Ash!" Lacey clutches me to her. "Think about our baby. He needs his daddy and I need his daddy."