Ashton

"Okay you see right here on the screen."

"Oh my god is that...?" I gasp.

We were at the doctors office and I was staring in disbelief at the screen. I couldn't believe it.

"Yes that is exactly what you think it is. You two are having a boy."

"Oh my god Lace! A son!" I beam at my beautiful girlfriend.

"A son. Our son..." Tears streak down Lacey's face as she grins widely.

I lean over and kiss her quickly, needing to cement this moment. "I love you so much baby. I would have loved a little girl who looked just like you, but a son..." I gulp down the emotions threatening to engulf me. "It's more than I could have ever dreamed of. He can protect the rest of his siblings!"

"Siblings!?!" Lacey shrieks and I chuckle.

"Baby... You have to know that I'm going to keep you pregnant as much as I can. Look at you, you're perfect."

Lacey rolls her eyes at my extra dollop of cheese lines, but I am so freaking happy so stuff it. Cheesy it is!

The doctor smiles at us and continues taking measurements. "Baby looks good for size and has shifted a little more off your spine Lacey so you may notice that your stomach will grow to match this. Keep eating healthy and taking the vitamins. Everything looks good so far and with no family history to worry about I have no concerns. We will do a glucose test at 30 weeks to check for gestational diabetes. I'll give you the paperwork at our 28 week scan so you can pop in for a quick appointment when the results come back in. Other than that do you two have any questions or concerns?"

"No," we both say and smile. That's been happening a lot lately. Saying the same thing at the same time thing. I kind of like it, even though I had always barfed at other couples acting like that. But what can I say? Now I know what it is like to be truly in tune with someone else. So I get it.

"Wonderful. We will keep up with appointments every four weeks until 32 weeks, once we get past there it will be every two weeks until Baby comes okay. So feel free to book in advance. Don't forget at 30 weeks to get the gestational diabetes check from the glucose test done. You can do that at any local pathology centre. That way I'll have your results by the time your 32 week appointment comes around."

We get another couple of pictures from the doctor. As I go through them I see one of the groin area with my sons penis circled and I chuckle, Manny will love this one.

"What's so funny Ash?"

"He gave us a dick pic!"

"Hahaha he what?" Lacey laughs.
I show her the picture and she bursts out laughing. "Manny is going to love this!"

"That's exactly what I was thinking!!!" I say in surprise.

"Great minds babe, great minds!"

I peck her lips as we walk up to the receptionist and bulk book our appointments all the way up to 32 weeks. Hopefully we won't have to move any around for my work. But if I have the dates this far in advance I can shift things around so I don't miss any. I want to be with Lacey, supporting her in every way that I can.

I help Lacey back to my car and drive her back to her work office. We go to the Cafe quickly and I grab us both a chicken salad wrap to go, no mayonnaise. There's also a fresh juice bar and I grab us a pineapple, orange and banana blend which is surprisingly tasty. We eat quickly at the tables outside and then I walk her inside.

"You don't have to walk me all the way to my desk you know. Everyone has been worrying too much over this whole thing. Kevin has been much better recently."