Ashton

What the hell! I'm so fucking pissed. Lacey has been pushing me away and now she turns up with an arsehole on her arm! I feel the rage coursing through me. I am beyond pissed. I am fucking ropeable. All I see is red. I want to fucking kill him for touching what is mine. How fucking dare he. Wait...what? Mine? I take a deep breath and I am filled with resolve.

Yes. Mine! Lacey is Mine, I will make her mine. No one cares about her like I do. No one can treat her better than I can! Oh so that's why you left her like a chicken shit after you fucked her huh? Sometimes I really hated my inner voice. It's not wrong though. I practically pushed her into the arms of someone else by acting like a dumb arse.

Well no more! I have to make her see that this Kevin arsehole is no good for her. I rifle through my key bowl and find the spare key to her place that she gave me for emergencies and slide it onto my car keys. Yep. No keeping me out now. I will make sure we spend plenty of time together again. One thing I know is no guy wants another sniffing around his girl, platonic or not.

TEXT: Hey Lace, you free today?

TEXT: At this stage yeah. Why?

TEXT: Are you at home?

TEXT: Yep.

TEXT: I'll be there in 15!

Operation steal my girl back is underway...

My girl... Fuck that sounds so good.

I quickly freshen up and spray myself with Lacey's favourite cologne and swing by the bakery on my way to her place. I know Lacey has a weakness for sweet things so I bring a selection of danishes and donuts as well as two coffees for us both. As promised I am at her door knocking, fifteen minutes later.

Lacey opens the door all fresh faced and looking absolutely edible in a camisole and sweat pants. How have I not seen her as she really is? Have I been blind all these years because we grew up together. I saw her go through every awkward stage and I've always seen her as beautiful. But it's like I'm now finally seeing her as she truly is, like the clouds parting and the sun finally streams through from the clouds. My eyes are open, wide fucking open to the glory that is Lacey.

"Um... Hi," she murmurs.

I must be staring at her like a loon because she has a confused look upon her face. "Hi..." I say breathily. What the fuck dude! "I... uh... brought some sustenance." Way to go man, real fucking smooth!

"Ooh goody. Come in."

A smile breaks out on my face as she ushers me to the couch. I hand her the coffee which she gulps greedily like she hasn't had any in days. Which I know is impossible but ever so cute. She hastily rips open the paper bag that holds the pastries I grabbed and her eyes fill with glee. She stuffs one quickly in her mouth and chews happily.

"How is it?" I chuckle.

A bemused smile crosses her face as she quickly swallows down. "So good! Thanks for this Ash."

"No problem Lace. I missed you..."

She gulps and her eyes flick around nervously. "I...uh...missed you too."

"Are you sure? Cause you don't sound certain," I grin and she swats my arm playfully.

"Yeah I'm sure, jackass!"

We both laugh and I grab a pastry for myself. We eat and drink in peace for a few moments but I feel the tension thickening as time goes by. There's unspoken things lingering between us, questions, feelings maybe? I don't really know how she feels about this whole thing. She got angry and pushed me away but we never really talked things through.