Lacey

He loves me. He really loves me! Why oh why couldn't we have had this conversation years ago? Or better yet three months ago? Oh I know why! You were too busy running like a chicken shit to admit to your feelings. All these years could have been different if only I had the strength to say something or Ash did. Now things are so freaking complicated.

I'm pregnant and I don't know who the father is. I'm in a relationship with one man while being in love with another. Said man just told me he is in love with me and kissed me, making me a cheater. Yep! My life is officially fucked up. And now I'm back at work trying to act like my whole world isn't blowing up. Lucky me!

Kev finds me about an hour after I've come back to the office. I'm chasing deadlines, calling company after company when he strolls up to my desk. "Hello beautiful I didn't see you at lunch?"

"Hey Kev. Yeah I went out with Jules and caught up."

"That's sounds nice. Did she pick you up?"

What an odd thing to ask...

"Yeah she did actually." I tilt my head in an effort to figure him out. "Why do you ask?"

He shrugs acting nonchalant but I can see the vein on his forehead pulsing. "No reason."

"Cut the bullshit Kevin. You've clearly got something on your mind so let's hear it."

He leans over my desk menacingly and grits his teeth. "Okay then... If you went out with Jules then why the fuck did I see you climbing out of Ashton's car Lacey?"

Fuck! I could have sworn no one was around.

"Simple. We ran into him while we were out and he offered to drive me back as Jules still had stuff she needed to do. She was going to take me but Ash offered, so that's how I got back to work." All truth. The things Jules had to do was probably Tommy. Still...

"I don't fucking like it Lacey. How does it look, my girlfriend climbing out of another man's car!" He spits out through gritted teeth, low enough not to cause a fuss.

"He is my best friend. I don't give a flying fuck what it looks like honestly. I have a right to see him and not be questioned about it. He has been around long before you and will be around long after your gone!"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!?!"

"Nothing. Jesus! I'm trying to work here and you come all up in my face with your jealous bullshit. I'm busy, please go away."

"I don't know who the fuck you are right now, but my Lacey doesn't act this way!"

I glare at him, my built up frustration bubbling over and exploding out of my mouth. "No, your Lacey is meek and does what you want right!?! Keep her down trodden, keep her away from her friends. Well that Lacey is waking up Kevin and your looking at the real Lacey when she is pushed!"

"We will talk about this later!" He spits.

"Yeah, we will," I grit out.

Kevin storms off and I let out a relieved sigh. Holy hell that was intense! How the heck did he know I got out of Ash's car? Has he been watching me? Is someone else watching me and telling him? Shrugging off my creepy thoughts I get back to work. I push pretty hard, so much so that I don't have time to check my phone. Just before finishing time I look and see a simple text from Ash saying he misses me. Aww!

I send him back a text saying I miss him too. Today's conversation with Kevin is really bugging me so I change Ash's name to a girls one. I don't know why I feel the need to hide our texts from Kevin, I just do. I already have my phone on silent because he always asks who is calling or texting and after today... Shit I don't know. I choose Lily because at least it's not lying when I say it's an old friend. We don't talk anymore but hey, a cover is a cover.