Ashton

I've just rocked up to work when my boss rushes over to me. "Good morning Ashton. Sorry for the short notice but we've just had a new client request you personally and I need you to fly out straight away to meet with them."

"Excuse me?"

"This has the potential of being a multi-million dollar contract and we need our best asset to bring it home and that is you. Your flight leaves in three hours so you have just enough time to pack an overnight bag and head to the airport. Margie is busy booking all your reservations and a car will pick you up from your place in 45 minutes. I'll email you everything you need to know so you can get up to speed on your flight"

"Oh shit. Okay."

I rush home and throw some clothes together and grab a spare suit for tomorrow. I get into the waiting car and head to the airport, checking in with the itinerary number Margie provided me. All I have is carry on luggage so I screenshot my boarding pass qr code and I'm good to go. I head to security and place everything onto the conveyor belt.

Once I grab my items I'm pulled up for random drug and bomb testing. The security guard touches the wand scanner over different parts on me and my bag. I get the green light that I'm clear and make my way up the escalators to the gate level. I grab a coffee and make my way to the departure gate.

Sitting down I take out my phone to send a message to Lacey about my last minute business trip. Boarding is called so I put my phone in flight mode and stand up. Showing the stewardess my ticket screenshot she scans me through and I walk down the carriage way towards the plane. I settle in quickly to my seat and finally have a moment to breathe.

Today has been crazy. Once the cabin door closes I pay attention to the flight attendants as they run through the safety exits and what not. I feel the engine rumble beneath me as the pilot increases speed down the runway in preparation for take off. Once we are in the air I take out my laptop and check my email, reading through everything the client needs and making a rough pitch in my head.

I grab a coke to go with my complimentary meal, munching away on a beef and salad wrap as I continue to check emails as they come through. I hope Lacey isn't too mad at me. This whole trip was unexpected and I know with her heightened emotions this could go either way. Pregnant Lacey is a little unpredictable which in itself is amusing except when she gets angry at me.

She's freaking scary and I'm man enough to admit that. My little fire cracker. I miss her already. I can't believe I have to sleep without her tonight, especially after our whole moving in conversation. I understand her trepidation but I know it's the best thing for us, the best thing for me too. I need her with me all the time. She consumes all my thoughts when I'm not stuck with work. All of them.

I manage to get a lot of work done during the flight which helps me stay distracted. One good thing about my job is that it's so immersive so I can really get lost in it. Otherwise I would miss Lacey 24/7. Once the flight lands I disembark and make my way to the gentleman holding a sign with my name written on it.

"Right this way Mr Bennett. I'm Bob and I'll be your driver for your stay."

"Thanks Bob." He takes my bag and I follow him as he walks outside.

"Not a problem sir."

It takes about twenty minutes to get to my hotel. In that time I text Lacey.

TEXT: Hey baby I've just landed and I am heading to the hotel. I miss you already.

She texts me straight back and I start smiling before I even read her message.

TEXT: I miss u 2.