Lacey

Kev is so angry at me when I return to the bedroom after settling Ash on the couch. His glare follows me as I walk around my side of the bed and slide straight in.

"What took you so long? Kissing him good night were you!?!"

"What the hell Kevin! I'm not like that. How dare you insinuate that."

"What am I supposed to think huh? He just waltzed in here like he belonged Lacey!" A vein on his head is bulging. He is really mad.

"He is my best friend. He has spent plenty of time over at my place and I his. He was drunk and came looking for me, that's all."

"It better be! I won't be taken for an idiot. It's our relationship. Not you and I plus Ashton, Lacey. I need you to re-establish boundaries with him."

"Alright. I will tell him in the morning."

"Good. Now let's get back to sleep."

Kev pulls me into his arms and I feel really awkward right now. I feel the frustration rolling off of his body and I'm annoyed that he doubts me. I know it looks bad but I shouldn't be doubted. I've never given him a reason to doubt that I want to be with him. As soon as he falls asleep I shift away and hug myself.

What the heck was with Ash? He said he is in love with me. Was it just drunken talk or truth? I wish I knew. But I have Kev now so I guess it doesn't matter. It would be typical Ash to expect me to drop everything for him, I always have before so why wouldn't I now? But Kev deserves my all and that's what I want right now.

I climb out of bed before Kev wakes up so I can talk to Ash by myself. I find him in the kitchen cooking pancakes.

Man I could get used to this! Wait... what?

"Good morning beautiful! I made pancakes." Ash seems so happy that I hate myself a little for what I'm about to do.

"Ash you have to leave." I say, completely emotionless.

"What! Why?"

"Kevin is here and he doesn't like that you came here drunk last night and tried to climb into bed with me."

"I'm sorry about that. But why do I have to go?"

"You can't be here Ash. You can't keep showing up. I'm in a relationship now and he is important to me. I can't keep having another man come into my bed. It doesn't look good."

"You're kicking me out?"

"Yessss." I'm so sorry.

"Again..." Ash mumbles and I pretend not to hear. I can feel his pain and confusion rolling off of him.

"I'm going to need my key back Ash."

"No. I'll leave, but no to the key."
He leaves the two plates on the kitchen bench and walks to the couch. "I'll see you around Lace."

I just nod and watch him leave feeling heavier some how. I go back to the room and wake Kev up for breakfast. May as well not waste the pancakes.

"Where's your friend?"

"I asked him to leave, just like I told you I would last night."

"Good," he grumbles.

His shitty mood stays with him the rest of the day and I don't know how to fix it. All my attempts have been pushed away and I don't know what else I can do. Kev kisses me forcefully good bye when he leaves. "You are mine Lacey. Don't you forget it!" I nod in shock and close the door. What the fuck was that?