Lacey

"I... I'm... preg...nant," I cry.
Ash hugs me tight as I cry into his chest, stroking my back trying to soothe me. It only makes me feel more guilty. I am pregnant and possibly with his baby! If you had asked me how I thought Ash and I would get pregnant, this would be the last way imaginable. Or it could be Kevin's... I have no idea until I do the paternity test.

"Lacey. I'll be here for you no matter what. Kevin will have to get used to me being around all the time. You, me and baby okay!"

I cry even harder and I see Ash look at Jules in confusion and she grimaces. "Lacey? Do you want me to tell him?" Jules asks me and I just nod, hiccupping from all the tears. "Uhh, well there seems to be some doubt as to who the father might be..."

"What do you mean?" Ash says quietly.

"She's between 10 and 12 weeks Ash, which means it is Kevin's or... or..."

"Or mine...?" Ash hugs me tighter. "Lacey! Is this true? Could this baby be our baby?"

I look up from his chest to see him already staring at me. "Yes..." I mutter hesitantly. The widest grin spreads across his face and he picks me up and spins me around. The sheer joy makes me laugh and Ash peppers my face with kisses. "St...haha...stop it!"

"Nope! I'm going to kiss you everywhere!" Jules coughs and Ash freezes.

"Forgetting something are we? Or someone rather?" Jules interjects.

"Ah fuck! The douche."

"ASH!" I squawk.

"Hahaha! So true!" Jules laughs.

"I know right!" Ash chuckles.

"Not you too!" I whine.

"Hate to break it to you babe... but none of us like Kevin. It's not just Ash," Jules grimaces.

"What!?! Why didn't you say anything?"

"You seemed happy, we all wanted that for you. But since you've been with him, we hardly see you Lacey. I'm with Tommy and we still catch up with everyone. You seem to be getting more and more isolated and Ash says your clothes are missing..."

"You talked to Juliet about me!" I yell at Ash.

"Yes I did. You wouldn't see me and I didn't want to show up to your work and cause problems in your relationship. I know Kevin is threatened by me, so I mentioned it to Jules, who was coming to see you anyway."

"Did you tell him I would be here?" I ask Jules.

"No!"

"Uh no she didn't. I um..." Ash rubs the back of his neck. "I kind of followed you here. I got tired of waiting to see you, so I was going to see you at work. But then you got in the car and I was curious..."

"Holy hell Ashton! You stalked me!?! Seriously!"

"Lacey... I love you. I needed to see you were okay with my own eyes."

"Ash..."

"No Lacey. You can be mad at me all you like but I've been worried about you-"

"We all have!" Jules buts in.

"Exactly. We all have. Now is not the time to shut your friends out. Especially now you are pregnant. Wait! How do we find out who's baby it is? Do we have to wait until the baby is born?" Ash asks.

"No idea. I can check at my next appointment."

"Actually I've been googling while you two have been talking. It's a simple blood test. It's called non-invasive prenatal paternity testing. They take blood from mum and blood from potential baby daddy as there is fetal DNA in your blood stream Lacey. They can match the two, it's 99% accurate and they can test more than one if you like."