Ashton

I feel really warm this morning. I wiggle away from my pillow but it's warm? Oh! Right. Lacey climbed into bed with me last night. I slowly open my eyes to find her already looking at me.

"Good morning Ash," Lacey smiles sweetly at me.

"Morning baby. How did you sleep?"

Lacey blushes and I smirk. So fucking gorgeous. "Yeah good, thanks for letting me crash here."

"Anytime Sunshine. Did you have a nightmare?"

"Yeah, a bad one. Scared the shit out of me."

"I didn't know you still suffered from them. Does this happen often?"

"No, not anymore. Just occasionally. I think with everything going on it just all combined together in one giant mess."

"Oh baby!" I kiss her forehead and move her body closer to mine, ensuring every part of my body is touching hers. "I'm sorry this is happening to you. This is all my fault!"

"How is it your fault?"

"I forgot to wear protection. I always cover up, always."

"There's no guarantees this baby is yours anyway." She looks up from my chest, capturing my eyes with hers. "So you've never done that before? Gone bare?"

"Hell no! I've never wanted to do that with anyone before. It takes a huge level of trust and commitment and I've never..."

"Oh..."

"But with you, I didn't even think. I just needed to be inside you so freaking bad. No wonder it was the best sex of my life!"

"Really?" Lacey giggles. "The best?"

"Without a doubt and not just because I could feel all of you wrapped around my length." Lacey goes even redder and I grin. "No. It's because it was with you. We've always been connected and to finally be with you in that way was amazing."

"But then why did you leave?"

I close my eyes in pain. When I open them she is staring at me, earnestly waiting for my answer. "I was scared. At first the memories were hazy and I couldn't reconcile what had happened, especially because it was alcohol fueled. I never wanted our first time to be under the influence of alcohol. I just felt like I had used you, my best friend of all people! Then you told me to go so I ran like a fucking coward. If I could change that morning I would. I would take you in my arms and show you over and over how much I adore you in the light of day. But I've spent years suppressing my feelings for you, so my first instinct was to retreat."

Lacey strokes my cheek and I lean into her touch. Her eyes sparkle at me and a warm glow flows through me. Is this what real love feels like? Laying in the arms of someone I love while they look at me the way she is looking at me now? Because if so, this is the best feeling ever! "What are you thinking?" Lacey asks me.

I sigh. "Just how much I love the way you are looking at me right now." Her eyes flick away and I place my hand on top of hers. "No, don't look away. Pleeeease," I beg.

Her eyes lock back on to mine and I smile in amazement. "Gosh you're so beautiful Lacey."

"Uhh thanks," she chuckles.

"No Lacey. You're beautiful inside and out and I see you baby. I see your shine." She smiles softly, I know she feels embarrassed.

"I should probably get out of your room now..."

"Just five more minutes Lace."

"Alright."

I hug her to me and she nestles her head on my chest as I nuzzle her hair, stroking my hand up and down her back. Lacey feels so good in my arms, she always has. I will cherish these five minutes before she wakes up fully and pulls away from me. I know it's for the best while she is still with Kevin. I just miss my best friend. Before he came along we were always cuddling together, always close.