Lacey

I don't know how long I've been laying here but it feels like days. I find that hard to believe because surely Ash has been looking for me. I still have no idea where I am or who took me. He comes in with a balaclava on his face bringing food and water, taking me to the bathroom to do my business then ties me back up and leaves. If I count the meals then maybe I can figure out how long I've been here.

One... Two... Three... Four... Five...

Five... Five meals have been brought to me. So going on the theory of three meals a day then I am on to the second or third day seeing how I was taken at lunch time. Dinner was day one, three meals on day two and one meal so far on day three... The gaps between meals feel long enough that it must be breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe if I paid more attention to what the food tastes like I can figure out the time of day. But it all tastes like dirt to me.

Just because I think it's the third day doesn't make it true. Time is weird here in the dark. My back has been hurting from the dingy bed I've been tied to and I worry for my baby. I worry for me. Who would kidnap me and basically leave me alone? I don't understand and maybe I never will, but something doesn't add up to me. I was taken in broad daylight! Surely someone saw something.

Surely...

I miss Ash so much. Sometimes when I'm sleeping I dream of him and when I wake up a new pain sears across my chest when I realise where I am. Or where I'm not, more accurately. I am not wrapped up in his arms, he is not kissing my hair and talking to our son. No. I am here, alone in the dark with nothing to consume my thoughts except my love for him.

I'm startled awake by the sound of the door unlocking. I curl up on my side in the fetal position. Thankfully my hands are tied together instead of apart so I can at least get comfortable while I sleep. Ever carry a baby and try and sleep on your back? It's fucking agony even when I'm in my second trimester.

The light flicks on and I blink bleary eyes and squint, badly trying to adjust to the introduction of light. I've been in the dark for days so the light seems especially bright. It hurts. Tears leak out of my eyes as the natural lubrication tries to help my eyes adjust to the new stimuli. When my eyes finally focus I can't believe what I see.

I gasp in a quick breath. "IT'S YOU!"

ASHTON

I've been to the police, reported Lacey missing and still nothing. It's been three days and I'm starting to stress beyond belief. I have a deep suspicion Kevin has something to do with this. Who else would want to do this to Lacey? I can't think of a single person. I don't think any of the chick's I've been with before are psychotic enough to do this and it doesn't make any sense for them to do so, after so long.

That only leaves Kevin as my number one suspect. I'm barely sleeping and if it wasn't for the strength of our friends, I wouldn't be eating either. Once I reported Lacey missing I had to call her parents and that was a phone call I wish I could have avoided. To hear the wail that came from her mother damn near ripped my heart out.

We've all been checking some places Lacey likes to go to recharge just in case she simply up and left me but I feel deep in my heart that she didn't leave, she was taken from me. She's gone and so is our baby, my son... I am praying that they are both alright even though the man upstairs and I haven't really conversed much before. But I feel helpless and praying for her safe return gives me a small sense of solace.

I'm meeting up with a private investigator today because frankly I don't think the police give a shit. Or there is more important things in their list than my missing girl. I fucking hate how powerless I feel. How useless. How empty.

I sit down in the chair situated in front of the sleek black desk. The man in front of me is unassuming and I can see why he would be good at his job. Not only would he blend in well but his beady eyes are shrewd and discerning. His close cropped brown hair is tidy and his moustache is trimmed and neat.