Lacey

I didn't tell Ash about Kevin's increased erratic behaviour. I know it will only worry him and he is stressed enough as it is. Kevin is getting better at hiding his hostility towards me and picks times when he can get me alone. Like yesterday he was waiting outside the bathroom for me only to spew vitriol at me. I tried to answer back but he stormed off.

This is getting so ridiculous it's crazy. I know we dated but it was like less than three months. There is no need to be so angry about it. Is the situation ideal? No. But I can't justify this level of anger for a short term relationship. Maybe Ash was right and something is wrong with him. I would hate to find out that the person I thought I knew, wasn't who he really is. That would hurt me the most. The fact that someone close to me could dupe me so well.

Sarah walks me in to work and we chatter back and forth. I haven't had as much time with her recently, she's been so busy and I suspect a new man has entered her life. I take the time to grill her about it while I've got her on her own. I know she is hesitant to share in the group. One on one I have a chance to extract the info.

"So... Who is the guy?"

"What! What guy?" She says with alarm causing me to laugh.

"The guy who has caught your attentions. It me, I can see the change in you lately."

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Yes and no. I just happen to be paying attention is all."

"I met him at the uni cafeteria. He bumped into me at lunch and we've been spending time together ever since."

"Tell me about him," I say with a genuine smile.

"He's tall, about six foot two with sandy blonde hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen. He's an engineering major which is amazing because he looks like a surfer. You know I'm a sucker for brains as well as cuteness."

"So how good looking is he on the scale?"

"At least a nine on our universal scale, an eleven on mine."

"Oh wow! I'd love to meet him when you are ready."

"We're just seeing where things go at the moment. It's only been about a month and with our busy schedules we don't always get to see each other as frequently as we would like, but I'm happy at the moment."

"That's all that matters. I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks Lacey. I'm so happy for you and Ash. I've been hoping you two would realise you were in love with each other."

We've reached my desk and she hugs me in farewell. I've missed her more than I realised. Although Jules is my closest confidante apart from Ash, my girls are so important to me. Our friendship is based on mutual trust and support.

I get straight into my paperwork, working tirelessly sorting out files and invoices. By lunch time I've made really good progress so I take my time eating my prepared lunch. I check my phone and see a few texts from Ash. Awww!

TEXT: I missed you this morning. I hate going into work early :(

TEXT: I love you so much Lacey. I hope our baby is kind to you today.

I decide to send a quick text back so he knows I've seen them.

TEXT: I love you too Ash, so much. I missed you in bed when I woke up today. I'm getting used to having you next to me. Baby has been quiet, only a few light nudges here and there. Can't wait to see you tonight!

The afternoon drags by slowly. Maybe because I miss Ash so much, but either way it's annoying. I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until knock off time. I'm down in the lobby when Tommy strolls in with a large smile on his face.