EPILOGUE

LACEY

Our wedding was magical. We decided on a garden ceremony with all our friends and family. I walked down the aisle in a fitted sweetheart bodice made with crystals and lace. The skirt was flared at the waist and it spun in a circle as I twirled. I knew it was the one as soon as I saw it. Nate had just passed his 10 month milestone and I was beyond ready to become a Bennett.

As I looked up and saw Ash, my heart stopped. He took my breath away, he was so handsome in his charcoal grey suit with black tie and pocket square. So very dapper. Manny, Tommy and Rick all wore black suits with a charcoal tie and pocket square. It was so sleek how their outfits complemented each other. Jules was my maid of honour, with Sarah and Suzie by her side. The girls were in long black dresses, one shouldered, gathered in at the waist and a long split up one leg. They looked stunning.

All that faded away as soon as I took Ash's hands and the celebrant started the ceremony. Once we got to the vows, my heart began skittering with panic. I hoped he likes them.

"Ash, today on this day before our friends and family I want to promise you that I'll always be brutally honest, even if it's at your expense." Laughs break out among our guests. "I promise to love, honour and cherish you always. To be your sounding board, your due north, just like you are mine. I promise to knock your ego down occasionally, just to keep you grounded." Manny snorts and all the groomsmen and bridesmaids laugh.

"I promise to be your best friend for all time, to share my secrets, my hopes and dreams with you. I promise to try to keep earning your love because it's not something I take for granted. I've loved you for half my life and I look forward to annoying you for many decades more. I love you."

Ash has tears in his eyes and mine are flooding down my cheeks. He squeezes my hands and takes a deep breath. "I'm not sure how I am supposed to top that, but I'll sure try. Lacey...from the very first time I met you, I felt safe and at home. Over the years that feeling of being at peace has only grown stronger and deeper. I could not and would not want to do life without you."

"I promise to always show you how beautiful and precious you are to me. I promise to love, honour and cherish our commitment for all time and honestly beyond that. Our souls were meant to intertwine and I'm so grateful I get to walk through life with my best friend by my side. I promise to always give you orgasms."

"ASH!" I splutter while everyone laughs and he just shrugs.

"I promise to help bring your dreams to life and to put more babies in you." Both our parents cheer and I roll my eyes, smiling indulgently at my man. "And lastly, I promise to be the man you deserve, even though sometimes I'll fail, I'll never stop working to earn your continued faith, trust and love that you've placed in me. I will keep you and our family safe from now and for all time. I love you."

The celebrant makes us repeat all the legal vows and we say I do. As soon as he announces, 'you may now kiss the bride.' Ash springs at me. The world fades away as his lips meet mine. I can feel his love pouring into me and it's the most intoxicating kiss ever. People start cheering louder and louder and we finally break apart to loud clapping. Ash walks me over to our son who we both cuddle and take into our arms, kissing his gorgeous chubby face.

Today has been perfect and I'm so freaking happy.

ASHTON

I'm holding my son as I cling to my wife. WIFE! I'm so fucking excited that I finally get to call her that. It feels like I have waited an entire lifetime for this moment. It still baffles me why I was such an idiot, but I wouldn't change a thing if it leads to today. To finally changing Lacey's last name.

We sign the marriage certificate and get photos taken with Nate, our families and the wedding party. By the time we make it inside to the reception, I'm so ready to get a drink and eat some food. The ceiling is littered with twinkle lights and it's really beautiful. White tables with black chairs with a charcoal grey sash tied around them are spread throughout the room. I can see Lacey's eye for detail everywhere.