Ashton

"WHAT THE FUCK!!!"

I wake up with a familiar scent surrounding me. Looking down I see Lacey wrapped up in my arms. I see the soft curve of her breasts against my chest and feel myself stir down below. No, no, no. I can't! This is wrong, she's my best friend for goodness sake!

"Whuh... what?" Lacey mumbles sleepily.

"What the hell happened last night?" I ask with concern. My memories are hazy but I'm pretty sure we had sex last night. More than once. I see a foggy memory of her coming apart on top of me, my name escaping her lips in desperation.

She lifts her head up to look at me. "Y...you don't remember?" Lacey sounds so confused and I instantly try to reassure her. She's my best friend after all, I would never hurt her.

♡♡♡

I am so mad at my parents. No one asked me if I wanted to move across the country and away from all my friends. I would have to make new ones all over again and I didn't want to. At seven years old, my life is over. Well the life I have always known. I clench my hands into fists as my frustration builds.

"We are here!" My mum says joyously. I smile at her enthusiasm. She always sees the positive in every situation, something I would come to appreciate later in life.

I feel the whole street's eyes on me and it makes me uncomfortable. My eyes flick around as I shuffle towards our new front door. I'm startled by a bang and my head whips up as I search for the source of the noise. I see a girl around my age rushing out the front door of the house next to mine.

A mop of blonde hair flies about her face as she bounces over to our front porch. "Hi I'm Lacey! You must be my new neighbour. I'm so excited." Her sweet voice brings an unwanted smile to my face.

"My name is Ashton, but you can call me Ash," I find myself saying. She smiles and quickly hugs me.

"Oh how sweet!" My mum coos. "I see you've met our neighbour..." I nod my head as Lacey pulls away, I feel colder after she breaks our hug. Hmm. That's weird.

"I'll see you around Ash! Maybe we will be in the same class at school!" Lacey chirps as she rushes back to her house.

"She seems nice!" Mum says and I just shrug. "See! Maybe it's not going to be so bad moving here baby. You'll see..." Sure mum... Whatever you say. A small part of me agrees though, ever since I met the bundle of joy that is Lacey...

I met Lacey out the front of the school gates as my mother didn't want me walking there by myself on my first day. "Hi Ash! Come on, I'll show you around!"

"Go on Ashton, I'll head to the office and finalise everything. Lacey will need to bring you there before the first bell," my mum says.

"Okay mum!"

Lacey grabs my hand and pulls me along behind her. She chatters away endlessly about how great the school is and how much she loves the teachers. I am pulled along in a daze as colours flash around me. Finally she takes me to the office where I am introduced to the principal and he lets me know I am in Miss Jessup's class.

"Yay! That's the same class as me!" Lacey cheers and I smile. At least I will know one person on my first day.

"I hope you will help Ashton settle in here Lacey," Mr Paterson says gently.