Lacey

Ash just left and I'm a mix of sad and happy. Sad that he left but happy about being able to call him my boyfriend. I wasn't really going to try and stay friends, I wanted to see if he would fight for me. Show me that he wants to be with me now. The fact that he was practically begging to try was cute and he asked me out on a date! I'm so excited. I know things won't always be easy but I have to give it a go.

I owe it to both of us to try.

I've loved him for a long time and I have always wanted to know what it would be like to be with him. To call him mine and for me to be his girl. The sincerity in his eyes as he begged me to be his girlfriend is what pushed me over. How can I say no to those expressive eyes?

The fact that he didn't push me for more even though he's been wanting me for months is another tick in the approval column. His kisses drive me crazy and I probably would have done anything he wanted but he listened to me about going slow. I hope he keeps taking his time with me because I don't want him to regret being with me.

We have been friends a long time but now we are in a relationship I want to give it the love and care it deserves. Nurturing our love like we haven't known each other our whole lives. I think we both deserve that. Even though we've slept together before... I hug my stomach and chuckle. Well obviously! I want the whole wooing thing. Does that make me crazy?

I tidy up quickly and go to bed. I'm about to send a text to Ash only to see he has already sent me one.

TEXT: Thank you for giving us a chance baby! I'm so excited to take you on our date, dress comfy. I love you so much. Try not to dream of me 😘

I smile and clutch my phone to my chest like a giddy school girl.

TEXT: I can't wait to see what you have planned! If I don't dream of you I'd be disappointed. Love you 🥰

I wake up super excited. I text Jules and catch her up with everything. She is just as excited as I am and wants to double date as soon as we are comfortable doing so. I leisurely pot around my house until Ash texts me the time he will pick me up. Telling me to be ready by 4pm. I check my watch and see I still have a few hours to kill so I decide on a calming bath.

I put on a relaxing play list from Spotify as I fill the tub, throwing in a vanilla scented bath bomb and sink beneath the depths. Ahhh. So good. Closing my eyes I enjoy the warmth as the melodies float around me. After I'm well and truly prune material I climb out, dry myself and moisturise.

Comfy, dress comfy? Okay I can do that. I pull on my favourite pair of blue jeans and look for a nice top to go with it. I throw shirt after shirt away, nothing feeling like the one. Finally I see a sparkly black top towards the back of my wardrobe. Perfect! It has just enough sparkle to be cute, but not too much that it's night club wear. A simple v-neck at the front with an oval cut out in the back which covers my bra straps but shows some skin.

Even though I don't think we will be getting naked I make sure I'm wearing a matching set of under garments. Just in case of you know... Wandering hands... A girl can never be too prepared right? Now that my outfit is done I decide on some light make up. I do a natural look with a nude lip and leave my hair down but do a waterfall braid to keep it off my face. I curl the ends slightly to give some depth and bounce and I'm ready to go.

I grab my white cross body bag. It's big enough to hold my cards, phone and keys. That's all I'll need. I throw in a glossy lip balm on my last check before sitting on the couch. I tap my fingers on my arm as I wait for the time to go by. I'm up and out of my seat as the first knock starts on my front door, yanking it open quickly to the sound of Ash's laugh.