-68-

-68-

"Elkie, you have to make a decision right now! There is an opening over this way that you need to go through," a familiar voice shouts and I turn to the right as Kiriya waves his hands up in the air as the others stop beside him. 

My eyes go to the side of him, staring at the giant portal with my world in the background. There's my house! My house is right there staring back at me. But do I want to go back right this moment without a proper goodbye? 

"You don't have time to think," Kuroto says, being loud enough for me to hear him over the Bugsters making noises. What kind of noises are they even making? Sounds like zombie sounds to me, but I don't know.

"Hey, behind you!" Hiiro shouts, pointing behind me. I turn, my eyes going wide. 

There is a huge Bugster up in the sky behind me right now. It's like the biggest one I have ever seen too! It kind of looks like a giant ship or something. I don't get what kind of shape it is. It reminds me of this giant monster from a video game I used to play. Man, that game has great replay value to me. I'm definitely going to have to replay it.

"What happens if I don't go?" I ask, shouting.

"The worlds will merge and be destroyed together," Kuroto answers. 

The Bugster moves, heading towards the portal, and I turn towards where Emu is standing as he shoves a Bugster back. I'm going to have to leave him aren't I? I am going to have to depart so suddenly and not see him again.

"Emu!" I shout. "I'm leaving now! I'm sorry and I love you!"

Emu turns, putting his foot down on the Bugster. "Elkie, you can't leave me!" 

"I have to!" I shout. I don't have a choice in this matter sadly.

Emu shakes his pretty head and rushes over to me. He stops in front of me and pulls me into his chest, holding onto me gently. He really doesn't want me to go.

"No, you can't leave me. I don't know what I'll do without you, Elkie," he says, his voice shaking a bit. 

"I don't want to leave you, but you know I have to do what is right. If I don't go, everyone will die. Emu, I don't want anyone to die." That is the last thing that I want to happen to everyone here in my life.

I can't stand the thought of the world just ending for all of us. The life force of both worlds will be drained and the Earth stained in blood. I can't stand the thought of that. I can't stand being the one who causes such pain. So, I have to do what is right for everyone and sacrifice myself to end this. I don't know what will happen the moment I enter that portal, but I do know that everyone will be safe. I can feel it. 

"I can't let you go."

"I know that you can't." I look up at his face as he looks down at me, his eyes watering up. I would be doing the same, but I have to stay strong for the two of us right now. 

He leans in and places his lips against mine, kissing me gently on the lips. I close my eyes and kiss him back, my heart slowing down. I wish to have this for the rest of my life, but I know that it isn't right for me to. I'm not that lucky.

I open my eyes and bring my hands up to his chest. I shove him back and bring my knee up, hitting him in the nuts. He's going to have to forgive me for that and thank me for it. This is the right thing to do.

"Oh, that has got to hurt!" Kuroto shouts. "Good thing it wasn't me!"

"Hey, that is insensitive!" Hiiro snaps. "The Intern didn't deserve that."

I turn and move towards the portal. I stop in front of it and look at the others, staring at them as my heart pounds against my chest. This is going to hurt me more than it hurts them isn't it? I don't even get a proper goodbye with them.