-28-

-28-

"You know that he's nothing more than a shell right? I just got done talking to your boyfriend about that?" 

I turn, gasping. "P-Parad?" 

What in the world is he doing here with me right now? How did he know that I would be here right now? Does he know something that I don't know?

"Only a little bit longer before you have to decide between me and Emu," Parad tells me, stepping towards me as the wind blows his curls a bit. "And we all know that I'm the real winner when it comes to me and him, right? Who could date a loser like him and feel something?" 

"That's not nice, Parad," I state. He doesn't have to be rude because he's upset. 

"Genm lost his immortality," he says, changing the subject as he stops right in front of me. "Did you like seeing that happen?"

I look at at his face as he stares down at me. He thinks I would like seeing that?  Why in the world would I like seeing someone being reprogrammed? I know that he is evil, but he isn't fully evil and it bothers me to see that happen to him. Is it because I'm too kind or stupid? I know I'm not actually stupid, but stupid in the sense of being dumb enough to trust someone like him.

"I guess you didn't like it." He leans down a bit, smirking. "I love the look on your face right now. Are you afraid of me right now, Elkie? What happens when he is out of the way, huh? What happens to me then?"

I never really thought about it. What does happen if Kuroto is taken out of the picture? Does that mean that he, Parad, is up to no good? 

"I know something that you don't know, Elkie. What is it then, huh? Do you want to risk getting hurt at that man's side or do you want to come back to me where it is safe for you?" Parad laughs, looking amused as he eyes sparkle. Why does he have to be like this right now? 

"Stop it." I want him to stop this now. "You're not a bad person at all."

"Person? Me? No, I'm a Bugster," he responds. He leans even closer and places his hands on my shoulders. "Elkie, stop being foolish and come back to me!"

"Parad..." I wish he wouldn't be like this with me. 

He turns me a bit, turning me and pressing my back into a tree. Why did I have to stand near a tree? What made that stupid idea pop into my mind and make me go "Oh, yeah, that is the perfect place to be to watch everything go on"?

"Elkie, you know that I'm the one for you." He shakes me a bit. "You know that, right? You can feel that we're meant for each other."

I close my eyes and shake my head. "Don't be like this right now. Please..." I don't want to shove him because he can become violent at any moment with me. 

"You know it, right? I love you, Elkie." Love sure doesn't feel like this and I doubt he truly does. He sees me as his little toy to play with.

I open my eyes and look him in the eyes, resisting the urge to scream. "Parad..." If I was a Kamen Rider, I would kick his butt right now to get him off of me. 

He leans in and presses his lips against mine, planting a kiss on my lips. I don't know what to right now at all. I can't shove him off or else it could end up being bad for me. What if he is willing to kill me and is just making up this entire thing to upset me or get at me? It is quite possible that he is doing that.

"Hey, get your lips off my girlfriend along with your hands! You said you would give us a week." Emu?

Parad pulls back, eyes looking around the side of the tree. "Oh? Did I?"