-31-

-31-

"Poppy appeared and explained the game?" I ask. 

What in the world is going on? Why is Poppy explaining a new game to everyone? And this new game? Is it the one that I saw Parad holding onto after he kidnapped me briefly? Is that what he was referring to with me when we talked?

"She did," Hiiro answers, eyes going to Emu. 

I look at Emu as he frowns. "Emu..." 

This is totally killing Emu inside right now. Poppy isn't with us because she's part of this name game. What is this new game?

"What's the name of the game?" I want to know what it is called. "And Genm Corporation is behind it?" 

I don't think that is the case for sure. They might be taking credit for it because Kuroto started it. Or is Ren working with Parad on the game secretly like how Kuroto worked with Parad secretly to do things to hurt the riders? 

"Kamen Rider Chronicle," Emu tells me. "Apparently, Poppy is the navigator of the game. You know how video games have tutorials, right? That's kind of her job for this game. It is a deadly game."

"The phone kept going off while you were gone," I tell them. "I answered each one and it was the same over and over again. What is going on out there?"

"Multiple people are getting the Bugster virus from the game, Kamen Rider Chronicle. It seems like this game is deadly to play and it seems to make Bugsters have fun."

Parad is the one behind this game for sure. He probably took it from Kuroto and decided to use it to have fun with humans. Also, he wants to have fun with Emu. But I can't tell anyone that Parad showed me that thing when he took me away. I can't prove it was it, but I can assume that it was it. It isn't wrong to assume something in this scenario when it comes to Parad.

"Bugsters are having fun?" I don't know what to say right now. "Has anyone died yet because of the game?"

"No one has died as far as we know of," Hiiro tells me, answering my question. "I have a feeling that we all know who started this." 

"Yeah..." My really sexy but super psycho ex-boyfriend did. "I am sure Kuroto is the one who made it. He had to be the one working on it in order for Parad to take over it. Are you sure he didn't kill Kuroto to take over the game?"

Maybe Kuroto was going to use it in a way Parad didn't want him to use it. That's the only thing I can think of. But why would he take it over from him?

"We shouldn't focus too much on how he got ahold of the game right now. The focus should be on the people in danger because of him holding it," Hiiro says softly. 

Emu sighs a little. "Hiiro, she's allowed to worry about it. She was kind of his target and she probably still is."

"Of course she's his target! He is probably wanting to kill her because of you." Hiiro turns away from us. "We shouldn't talk too much about him or else we'll end up seeing him sooner. I need to see what Taiga has found out at Genm Corporation. There is no way they would release such a game." Wanna bet on that, Hiiro? They're not know for releasing innocent games and having a sane CEO.

"Hey, I am not attracting anything bad towards her, Hiiro! You know that I'm harmless to her, right?" Emu shouts, looking annoyed. 

I don't blame him for being super annoyed right now. I would be annoyed too. Hiiro is implying that Emu is making harm come towards me. 

"Whatever you say, Intern. Anyways, we have to face thirteen bosses and finish this game without having a ton of people die."

"That's an interesting way to word that, Hiiro."