-29-

-29-

Parad gets onto the desk that Kuroto previously used and holds up something green, eyes glowing with joy. He kidnapped me. He seriously kidnapped me and is now holding me in this office. What should I do now?

"I will be the one who fulfills that man's lifelong ambitions," Parad says, smiling brightly. If he wasn't so handsome, I would totally knock him off that table and beat him up. "Oh, Elk, are you bored?" He presses on the Gashat, eyes still on it.

I turn away from him. "It isn't your problem if I am."

He has been staring at that stupid blank thing for hours like it'll do something magical. What's it going to do, huh? Turn me into some Princess that can do something cool? Or...maybe it'll turn him into a pumpkin and he'll roll of the table! Can they even do that? 

"You're upset aren't you? Well, you should be since things are about to get a lot more fun for everyone. I am ready to move along to the next game, which will aide me in winning you from him."

"How come you're chilling in here? Isn't their a new CEO?" I ask. What is he even doing in here if he can get caught with me here? Can't he get arrested somehow?

He shrugs his shoulders and puts down the Gashat. "I guess I just do whatever I want to do. Besides, I like to know what is going on with this new CEO. I'm a bit curious about things here, Elk." He hops off the table and gets in my face. 

"What?" 

"You're so cute when you're upset with me. Okay, we can leave this place together. I know you didn't get seen by anyone on the way in," he tells me. "You know how stealthy I am, right?" 

"Being full of yourself will only get you into a ton of trouble later, Parad," I say, rolling my eyes. He's absolutely stupid when it comes to kidnapping people. I guess he could kidnap Emu with success since he is totally his Bugster. 

He places a hand on my face and pats my cheek with it. "Aw, so cute! Okay, I'll let you go in a little bit since I have a ton of work to do. I have to get ready for the upcoming fun we will all have. Well, maybe not you." He stands up straight, grinning.

"You're way too happy for someone who just committed murder."

"Emu committed murder against my people and you never once complained." His face turns serious. "I know that it is a game to us and we can be brought back, but it is the same as killing a human." He's not wrong. They're people, in a way, too. 

"Parad..."

"I know that you want me to get over things, but I can't forgive people instantly like you can. Actually, do you even forgive me yet for killing Kuroto off? You should since he wanted to kill you."

He doesn't know the truth about what is really going on and I can't let him know. If he finds out, I'll be dead for sure. It is best to keep it up and act like everything isn't as bad between us as it really is.

"I am glad that he is gone and can't cause me harm. However, Parad, Emu had a plan and you ruined it! Kuroto deserved to rot in prison, not die." Now it is just me, Hiiro, and Jennie trying to save this world.

"You're odd."

"And you're being horrible. Forcing a kiss onto my lips and then dragging me off after killing someone? Do you know how hard everyone is searching for me right now?" I can't believe him.

"What is going on in here? It seems like two lovebirds have gotten lost in my office. Do you two need directions?" Someone asks and I look over as a man approaches us. 

He's kind of chubby looking and his hair is neatly on his head. He seems to be different from Kuroto in looks and in personality. Now, what kind of man is he going to be once he starts getting down to business here?