-17-

-17-

"And that is how you beat this level!" Emu exclaims, beating the Might Action game again. He has beaten this game so many times. And still, he's playing it.

"Ah, I see." I'm not the best gamer in the world, but I do enjoy gaming. I love to play Pokemon and Overwatch the most. I'm not as capable as he is when it comes to playing games like he is.

He looks up from the handheld console and turns to me, smiling. "Elkie, are you into Hiiro? You know...having a crush on him?" Why does he have to smile when asking such a terrible thing to me?

"Why would I be into Hiiro? What makes you think that I'm crushing on him?" A crush on Hiiro? Really?

"I guess I'm asking because you two seem quite close lately. You get kind of flustered around him too. You know, red in the face all the time when he says something to you about something," Emu tells me.

I shake my head. "No, I see him like a friend." What is Hiiro to me exactly? 

"Are you sure? I'm just curious about you two is all." He is just curious about my relationship with Hiiro? Has he felt neglected lately because of me being around Hiiro a lot? 

"Emu, I'm sure about it. Hiiro is handsome in the cool doctor kind of way, but that is all. I wouldn't date someone like him." He's way too cold for me to consider dating and he's pining over his ex still.

"I see." He nods, smile dropping a little. "I guess I just read you two wrong. I just felt like you two were bonding all of a sudden and had gotten together. Especially since you stayed over at his place." He looks down, staring at his game once again.

"Well, I am not into him and never will be. I just annoy him if anything," I state. "Besides, I'm not over my ex-boyfriend yet." My super sweet Bugster true love! I miss him so much!

Parad is a fictional character, but he's a hot fictional character with cool powers. That not being in a relationship with him any longer even harder to deal with. It is like losing the best thing to ever happen to you in life. Not that Emu isn't cool like Parad is. Wait...why am I even worried about how I view Emu?

"Ex-boyfriend?"

I nod. "I dated some around here briefly. Don't worry, it isn't anyone you know personally." I can't come out and tell him I dated a Bugster that has been trying to play with him. He'll hate me then.

He looks back at me, nodding his head. "Ah, I see." He puts down his handheld console next to him on the couch. "How about I get your mind off of him? You know, by going to hang out as friends? But only as friends."

"As friends?" I blink. Do I really want to go and hang out with Emu all alone? Is this another chance at having fun with a really cute guy who is fictional and Japanese? Also, he's a Kamen Rider and future amazing doctor!

"You can say no if you want to. I know it must be weird for someone to ask you out even as a friend." He looks away, looking a bit awkward. "I just think it is best for someone to get out when they need air and all. You know, medicine for the soul kind of thing."

He's thinking it'll be good for me to, right? I guess he's right on that. I have heard going out with friends can help someone get over a break up. Of course, I read that in a magazine and seen it in shows. 

"Well...I would say no if it wasn't probably true that it could help me get over it a bit. Uh...just know that I don't want to see any Bugsters or Dangerous Zombies when we go out. Got it?" I know that we're both danger attracting magnets.

He looks at me, mouth wide. "You want to go out as friends with me?"

"I do." I nod. "Really, I do." Gosh, he's so cute!