-75-

-75-

I sit down in the CR as Emu places down a cup of coffee, finally getting me something to keep me from yawning so much.

"That park didn't wake you up?" he asks, moving to the seat across from me. He pulls out the chair and sits down. "And where did he go?"

"Parad is going to be out for the rest of the day. What time is it again?"

"Evening. Five."

"Of course it is," I say, sighing a bit. "He dumped me to hang out with some girl named Sakura. I didn't get a chance to get her last name though because he noticed she was a gamer." 

"Sounds like my Bugster," Emu responds, shaking his head with a slight smile on his face. "I think it is good for him to meet someone. Anyways, I'm going to leave you here with Kiriya for a bit. I have some work to do."

"Did you get a call before you got me?"

He nods. "I did."

I shake my head. "That's more important than me. Next time you should send Kiriya to get me."

"Did someone say my name?" Kiriya asks as he enters the CR, strolling in casually with his hands in his pockets. He also has sunglasses on indoors for no reason. "It is everyone's favorite bike!"

"I'm not going to ride you," Emu tells him. "And neither will Elkie. Give up on your bike dreams." He stands up and smiles at Kiriya, looking quite joyful.

"Stop messing with me like that, man," Kiriya responds as he lifts up a hand, removing his sunglasses. "You're mean these days."

"I am trying to say goodbye to my waifu," he tells Kiriya, being a boy gamer right now with his terminology. "Waifu before anything else."

"The Waifu is laifu or something like that," I say, laughing. "Why do you need someone to be on you? Is there something going on with you in your bike mode?" If he wants someone to ride him, he might want to show off something he founds out about himself. 

"Yeah, I figured out how to go even faster. I just wanted to show it off," Kiriya says, holding up his Gashat. "Do you want to see me in action? I need someone to be on me when I do it though. I can't go as fast if I don't."

"I'll think about that long and hard." Yeah, going to have to skip out on that one.

"There you all are," a familiar voice says and I look over, turning my head towards the sound of the voice. Hiiro.

Hiiro enters the room fully, getting off the steps, and holds up a box. He then holds it out towards me, coming to a stop. He looks at me, staring at me with a cool expression. He's always so cold looking.

"What is up with the box?" I ask, getting up and moving to the side of my chair. Emu is up now too. 

"I can't shake it or else it'll ruin the contents of the box," he states, not giving me an actual answer. "Take it and open it up to see what is inside."

"Oh, you got her a present for no reason? You know it isn't her birthday, right?" Emu stares at Hiiro, looking at him like he's on something. "Why would you get Elkie something when she's not celebrating anything?"

"There is something she should be celebrating. Now shut up and let her open the box up," Hiiro snaps, not even batting an eye at Emu. "Go on, open it." Why does he have to keep his eyes on me while speaking to Emu?

I reach out and take the box from him, removing it from his hands carefully. "Open it now?" I ask.

"Yes, I just told you to do that." He nods. "Go ahead and open it to see what is inside. I think you will like what is inside that box there."