-35-

-35-

"Is Poppy alright over there?" I ask Graphite and he looks over, staring at where Poppy is. He's probably not going to give much of a care for this due to him wanting to beat up Hiiro and Taiga. 

"She seems okay to me. If she was fading into a billion pixels, I would be concerned," he answers. Of course, called it! He's so stupid. "Why are you so worried about her? She's a perfected Bugster anyway. She'll just come back if she dies."

"I see." I guess I shouldn't be overly worried about her right now. Maybe I can go and talk to her real quick.

"Where do you think you're going to, Elkie?" Parad's voice asks me. "I know you're about to move. I can tell."

I turn as Parad approaches me, holding out his arms, and he smiles. "Oh, hey," I mutter out as he wraps his arms around me tightly, embracing me with his warm Bugster arms. 

"You seem down. Is it because of me not taking you out with me earlier? I would have done so, but you're not a Kamen Rider." He is being quite honest with me right now and I respect it, but I don't like him randomly touching me like I'm all his. I am not all his but I can't let him know that.

"No, I am worried about Poppy right now. Aren't you worried about her?" 

He pulls back and shakes his head. "No, I'm not. It is normal to go through the motions. I know I went through them when I lived with Kuroto. That man can really push someone's buttons." Oh, I can tell. He really ticked off Parad.

I wish Kuroto could magically come back to life right now. He would be so useful to me right now. I have no idea if Hiiro has gotten any breakthroughs about how to save this world or not right now and it is seriously frustrating me. If I didn't want to ruin my hair, I would be ripping it out right now.

"Ah, I see. I didn't know that you went through a bunch with him and I'm truly sorry for not knowing all the details. I only knew what you told me." 

"It is fine that you didn't know it all, Elk," he responds, releasing me from his warm embrace. "You're truly a caring woman that is worthy of being my world's co-ruler." Like hell I will be like that in his world!

I force a smile onto my face. "That sounds nice to me. I can't wait to rule over the world with you, Parad."

"Hey, what am I going to do in our world once we get it? Am I going to be the enforcer of the rules or what?" Graphite asks curiously.

"I'll let you be a jailer and you can torment Hiiro and Taiga for the rest of their human lives. Of course, I'll make sure Elkie can live forever somehow. Maybe she can come back as a Bugster somehow," Parad answers, laughing a bit. He wants to turn me into a Bugster? 

"Don't I have to die to become one or something?" I ask curiously. If I become a Bugster, I would have to die. I'm sure of it.

"I have no clue. I haven't seen anyone come back from the dead as a Bugster," Parad tells me, answering my question. "I wouldn't know the answer to that, Elk."

Graphite laughs. "Like that would happen! If that happens, then I'll be able to sprout wings and fly laps around Seito University Hospital." Seems like Graphite is as clueless as ever. Typical!

"So, boys, what is the plan for today other than watching Poppy mope all day long?" I want to know what is going on out there in the world. I'm stuck here playing music on a music player all day and playing video games on Parad's handheld console. 

Graphite laughs once again. "Ask him."

"I am asking both of you because you might be up to no good, Graphite." I look down. "I just wanted to know the plans..." Not like I can do anything to stop their plans.