-71-

-71- **V-cinema spoilers ahead for those who didn't see the trilogy. Just a head's up** 

I open my eyes as I land on the ground, landing right on my two feet perfectly. My eyes look ahead of me as two people move up to the entrance of the hospital, heading to enter it. That is Emu and Poppy! They're here!

My heart pounds against my chest and I swallow hard. This is the moment I've been waiting for a long time. I need to make myself known and see if he remembers me or not. I hope he does because the Tree implied that we could get back together.

"EMU!" I shout at the top of my lungs, being as loud as possible for him to hear me. 

Emu stops in his tracks, halting as quickly as possible. He turns, his eyes going to where I am as they open up wide, and his mouth drops. His hands fall to his side as he stares at me. Poppy turns to him, mouth moving. I think she's asking him what is wrong.

"Elkie!" he exclaims, not questioning a thing.

Emu's feet move, rushing towards me, and I hold out my arms. He rushes at me and puts his arms around me, embracing me tightly. I close my arms around him and close my eyes as my heart beats even faster.

"How are you here right now?" Emu asks me.

"I don't know. I don't understand how it is possible. I was at a park one moment and then a voice told me to turn to the portal." I am not telling him that I was talking to some tree spirit. That might make me seem crazy.

He pulls back at bit, staring all over me with his pretty eyes. "You're here. You're really, really here."

I nod my head as my eyes start burning. "I am. I really am here with you right now, Emu. I'm a nurse now." 

"You're a nurse? Oh, your hair." He removes his arms from me and brings his hands to my hair. "You grew it back out."

"I did." I nod again. "I did, Emu."

This feels so much like a dream that I had when I was working so hard to become a nurse. Honestly, I dreamt of seeing him again like this so many times. How can this be real? How is this real right now?

He removes his arms from me and lifts up them, bringing his hands to my face. "Elkie, is this a dream?"

I shake my head. "No, it isn't. It feels like one doesn't it though?" 

He nods his head as he wipes my wears away with his thumbs, his lips curving upwards. "It does feel like one. You have no idea how many times I dreamt of seeing you again. Every time I saw you in my dreams I was-"

"Waiting on the bench and staring at your handheld gaming console. You would then look up and-"

"I would see you standing there with a goofy smile on your face," he says, finishing my sentence. "We had the same dream then, huh?" He laughs a little.

I laugh a little, nodding. "Yeah, it seems like we did have the same dream. I guess our connection is just too strong," I say, smiling even wider. Our connection is because of our strong bond that we forged while hanging out so many times here.

He leans forward and presses his lips against mine, kissing me gently as he closes his pretty eyes. I close mine and kiss him back, my heart pounding hard. His lips are so soft and warm, just like a nice castle from a fairy tale. Castles in real life were just plain cold and awful to stay in. 

I hope this never ends. I want this moment to last for forever. If this ends, I'll become depressed and very, very upset with whatever ruins it. 

"Emu, you still have to work," Poppy says, reminding us that he has a life to still live.