-32-

-32-

"Why did you bring a human here?" 

I step back, bumping into Parad's chest, as a man approaches me. He holds out something towards me, as if to make a threat, and I look behind me as Parad smiles. How does he know this guy?

"Graphite, this is my girlfriend that I told you about. M took her from me and I took her back with ease. She knew that she couldn't resist me any longer," Parad says, sounding confident as ever. Graphite?

"G-Graphite is a live again?" 

"Of course he is. I revived him since he has a pure Bugster form due to that one guy's girlfriend's death," Parad answers. "I could have sworn we talked about this at some point, but maybe you forgot." He places a hand on my head and pats it gently. 

"R-right." I am so shaken up right now!  How can he just go around doing this kind of thing so freely?

"Oh, Elkie!" 

I look over as Poppy approaches me, smiling widely. She remembers who I am? Or is she just happy because Parad brought a woman here for her to hang out with?

"Hey, Poppy," I say, my voice low. 

Poppy looks at Parad and she puts her hands together. "Is she going to be our friend now? I was worried that she would reject you and stay with Emu. She's better off on our side where she belongs." Okay, she's on some sort of drug.

"She'll be your friend once I catch her up on what is going on here. Due to them keeping her in the CR away from everyone else, she's lost," Parad tells her, answering her question. He moves his hand off my head and puts it on my back gently. "Come with me to the side. Graphite, go and do something fun outside with Poppy. It can be tormenting the players of the game or tormenting Hiiro."

"Hiiro? Oh, that sounds fun to do." My eyes go to Graphite as he smirks. "I can't wait to torment that man some more over the loss of his love." 

"He must have really ticked you off when you remembered Saki's memories. Did he break your heart through her memories?" Parad asks, laughing a bit. "No matter, I don't really care about your issues with him right now. I have to keep her in line."

"Hiiro deserves to get smacked around a few times for being the world's worse boyfriend," Graphite comments. "Poppy, let's go."

"Alright! I'll see you later, Elk!" She is just so positive.

Parad pushes me towards the side of them and he follows me to the corner of the room. I can't believe that this is their base now. No one would bother checking a basement at all for a room full of Bugsters. 

"Hey, what did you to her?" I turn to him and he puts his arm to the side of me, boxing me against the wall as his hands touches it. "Parad!"

He smiles as he puts the other arm to the side of me, keeping that side blocked now. "Elkie, try and enjoy things as they are. Bugsters are meant to dominate the game and you are supposed to understand that."

"I do understand that, but why make her evil? How did you make her evil?"

"She joined as the mascot of the game," he answers, being slightly honest with me. I doubt that is the full story. "Elkie, I love you and you love me. Why aren't you happier being here by my side? You're supposed to be smiling right now."

"I hate seeing people die." I look away from him.

"I am sorry, but it has to happen. That is the game," he replies casually like the lives of others don't matter at all. "So, Elkie, do you love rooftops?"