-13-

-13-

"This is such a drag," I mutter out. Emu is not being Emu right now and it sucks. It honestly really sucks right now to see it be like that. 

"Elkie, keep Emu here while I go and grab something to eat. I am needing something to eat to keep up my energy," Hiiro orders. He's just going to dump Emu onto me while he is out of it?

I look him in the eyes, glaring. "You're needing something to eat? What about me? I haven't had something to eat since this all went down!" I exclaim. I'm mad about this entire situation.

"Just do what you're told. You weren't supposed to be out earlier, but you were. You and Parad both showed up around the same time." 

"Don't go around making accusations. I just happened to be in the area at the same time as that Bugster." Not really. "Go and get something to eat. I'll handle Emu while he plays video games. He isn't going to probably do anything else anyways."

"I'll be back as soon as I can be." 

"Wait...Hiiro!"

"What is it?"

"Did you check out his infection?" I look away, my heart pounding. He has to be fine, right? He isn't some weird combo of Emu and a Bugster right now, right?

"I did check it out."

I look back at him. "You did?"

"Yes, I did." He nods. "I can't see what is going on inside of him, but on the outside he is normal. The thing we use to check out the insides of the patient with the Bugster Virus is glitching out when used on him. So, I can't say anything on that."

"Oh...I see." So, whatever is going on in there is making things act up, huh? "So, it is complicated?"

"Yes." He nods again. "Anyways, I'll be right back. Don't you dare think about leaving with him."

"Understood."

Hiiro turns and walks towards the exit out of this place, leaving me alone with Emu. Great! How am I going to take care of Emu when he's out of it?

"Hey, Elkie!" 

I jump up and gasp. "Emu...?" 

He's right up in my face right now and it is so weird! This isn't like him to do right now. He's usually at my side and not up in my face. 

Emu looks me in the eyes, grinning cutely. "Do you want to play hide and seek with me? I know it is a bad place, but it'll be fun."

"But it isn't fun to play in this room. It is kind of bland." I am just being honest. Why is he trying to play a game with me?

"Oh, really? Okay, how about we go outside and have some fun playing hide and seek? I promise I won't run off!" He laughs, sounding as cute as he typically is. Is he really Emu or is he some twisted version of Emu that is trying to trick me?

I shake my head and step back. "We can't go outside. You know that it puts me in danger at times."

"That would ruin the game so I can see your point with that."

"You do?" He does?

He nods his head quickly, smiling still. "I do see your point. I can't have some creepy guy run off with you in the middle of a game. That would ruin the game completely and make me really upset. You know how much I love games, right?" I think I know what is going on here and it is kind of creeping me out. He's acting so much like Parad right now.

"How about you play a game on your handheld device?" I suggest. "I will watch you."

"You will? You can sit by me!" He turns and picks up his console from the table. "Come on, let's sit!"