-47-

-47-

"Hiiro's your fake boyfriend?" Emu's eyes go wide as he keeps his voice down. "Isn't he here to kick my butt right now?"

"He's here to do that, but he allowed me to come over here and let you know the truth before that. I might have to do couple things with him to look like a real one. Is that okay with you, Emu?" I ask him, needing his approval.

"How considerate of him." He nods his head. "Yeah, go ahead. I don't mind you two kissing if that is what you have to do. Hiiro only sees you like a sister and I know you see him like a brother. It isn't a problem for me to see you two being lovey-dovey with him."

"It isn't like he likes me for real, so there is no real problem. It is like one of those things when a girl doesn't want a guy to ask her out and they get a fake boyfriend to protect them. Seems kind of like a drama thing, right?" It does doesn't it?

"It does seem like it." He smiles. "I trust you, Elkie. You're going to do what you need to do and I'm going to do what I need to do."

My job is to prevent Kamen Rider Chronicle from leaving this world and heading to my world. Emu's going to do everything in his power to keep this one safe and sound. Even though he's helping me, I want his priority to be his world first. I can't go home if this one is destroyed before that even happens. 

"Did you feel any shaking last night?" Emu asks me suddenly, changing the subject. Oh, he felt that too?

"I did, but I nearly forgot about it. It was minor," I answer. "I think it is because of this world being in trouble. It doesn't happen often, but I think it'll pick up more the longer things are like this."

"That is correct," Hiiro says. "I may not be on your side right now, Intern, but that is what will happen. I thought it would do it before, but I was wrong. It seems like it decides for random moments in time to be the perfect moment to do so."

I turn to Hiiro. "Yeah, that seems like what is going on. So, do we put on a show now?" 

"Yes, that would be appropriate. Don't go too crazy with it," Hiiro tells me, giving me permission to be as lovey-dovey with him as I can be. I'm sure there is a limit to how much lovey-dovey things I can do with him, so I'll be sure to do so. I do not want to cross a line that shouldn't be crossed with him.

"Have you seen Parad yet?" Emu asks me.

I shake my head. "No, but I did visit him a while back. He knows that I am not even evil person and didn't believe I was working with my boss because I wanted to." 

"I saw him as well recently," Emu responds. "He came to the CR and made threats. He wanted information and we gave it to him. He seems to be in better spirits right now and Graphite stole some cake."

"Graphite stole same cake?" Hiiro asks and I turn to Emu. "How come he stole some cake?"

"He wanted it and just snatched it." 

"Because of Saki's save data in him..." I know why he took it. He has Saki's love for sweets. "Anyways, we can get back to stopping Emu's operation now. I feel like the patient has been waiting long enough to try and be cured." We can't hold it off forever. This episode's events have to go on now. 

"Masamune gave me a personal mission, so I'm going to do that one. Elkie, you do what you were told to do," Hiiro instructs me. "Before you do that, give me a good luck kiss." Luckily for him, Poppy isn't here to see that. "We need to do what we need to do."

"R-right!" I have to do what I said I would do. I agreed to this fake couple thing, so I have to do fake couple things.

I move over to Hiiro and get close to his lips, stopping right before them. I know Emu is watching and that makes this harder. How can I just go and cheat on him? I know I have his permission to, but it still feels bad to do so.