-22-

-22-

"Why are you sitting there like it is the end of the world for you?" Hiiro asks me, placing his cake down on the table. It is sitting on a cute plate, which Poppy probably decided was a good idea to have.

"Because...it is the end of the world for me."

"Did something happen between you and the Intern? Did you two fight over him beating you in a game?" Hiiro questions, not looking interested in me and my problems. 

"We didn't fight over a game, Hiiro. But if you have to know, something did happen between us." 

He picks up a piece of his cake, not using a knife once again. He loves to cut things. He doesn't always cut his cake up, but sometimes he does. 

"If you're trying to get with the Intern romantically, you should be more direct with your approach. If you two keep being so indirect and taking things back, you will never get together. You were so brave with Parad, but you're not being brave with him."

I shake my head. "You're so wrong on that. What I did with Parad wasn't brave at all."

"You lied to his face and acted like you two had history together in another world. Being near someone as dangerous as he is and being able to lie so easily is very brave. I'm honestly amazed that he fell for it with how smart he seems to be."

"So, you want me to go up to Emu and be honest with him about what I want from him?" How would that even work? 

"The Intern isn't going to admit his feelings for you, if he has them, because he doesn't know how to express them without worry over them. He's not sure if you want to be with him or not. But if you need help, I'll gladly help you with getting with him."

"You want to help me with getting with someone? Are you even sure what you're saying right now?" 

"I own his soul with his training right now. I can cancel it and have him do something different."

"What do you even have him doing?" I bet he's making him watch other workers to stuff up there. Hiiro has to be down here in case something happens.

Hiiro looks down at his cake as he pops it into his mouth, taking a bite of his cake. He is just lucky that he's not in punching distance for me right now. I would have to get up and bop him in the face.

He swallows what he has in his mouth and puts the fork down, looking up at me. "I will make the Intern come down here and you two can have alone time with each other. I know you two will like that a lot."

"And how will that help us?"

"I'll come up with something. Do you want to get with the Intern or not? If you're still unsure about him and not over your ex-boyfriend you loved so much, you can just shut up and not take my help."

I know that I want to have something Emu, but does Emu feel the same way? I don't want to engage in a relationship with him if he doesn't know what he wants with me. I'll only be with him if he wants to be with me no matter what. When the truth comes out, I don't want to be dumped.

"If he really likes you, Elkie, he'll stay with you once the truth comes out. I know Parad wouldn't have stayed with you since he is immature and childish. He will probably attempt to kill you the moment he does find out. He's not someone you should have gotten involved with period."

He's not wrong about that at all. He's the type who would try to hurt me since he feels his emotions deeply. He won't admit that, but he does. If he is mad, he fights it out. If he is sad, he'll go and pout.

"I'll go and get the Intern's attention. You stay here."

Hiiro stands up, picking up his plate, and he turns. He's just going to leave me here wondering what is going to happen now? What is his deal?