-8-

-8-

"You got a hair cut?" Hiiro stares at me, like I did something really bad. He never looks happy with anything in my opinion. "Asuna suggested it didn't she? It is similar to how she wears her hair."

"She did suggest it to me." I nod my head, touching my hair gently with my hands. "Isn't it so cute? She has great taste in style so I knew I could trust her with helping me pick out a new hair style!" I feel like I look prettier in the mirror now when I see myself. I'm not sure how others see me though.

"Elie, you look so lovely!" Emu gusts, walking into the room with a box in his hands. "Did Poppy suggest it?" He isn't using her disguise name right now, but that is sometimes what he does. Also, we're alone so it is okay. 

"Yeah, she did and thanks." I smile, dropping my hands back to my sides. "Uh...what is in the box, Emu? Did something get delivered or did something happen upstairs?" Something must be going on up there or around here.

"He's studying to become like me," Hiiro informs me. "Not personality wise, but job wise. He wants to make a difference in lives like I do. I'm in charge of him while he is doing this." So, he's torturing Emu in other words? 

"Oh, how fun," I mutter out, frowning. Poor Emu. Hiiro is going to own his soul by the end of this isn't he?

"Elkie, did you get the cake that I requested? You had to get it, remember?" Hiiro asks me, not caring for anything but his precious sweet treat. How can he only think about his precious sweets at a moment like this? Can't he see that Emu is suffering because of him?

"Yeah, I got it," I answer, moving over to the white box near us. "See? It is right here in this box, Hiiro! It is all good!" I'm so proud of myself for not screwing up because if I did, I would have to hear about how I'm so bad all day long and cause trouble for them from his cold mouth.

"Good. You're doing your fair share around here then." What was that now? He ticks me off most of the time!

"I always try my best." Sometimes. I do miss being a cashier though. I rather talk to customers than deal with Hiiro. Even if they yell at me, at least I get why. Some people are jerks for no reason, Hiiro is a jerk because he's a jerk. 

"Elk, have you been out much yet? You seem like you've been stuck down here," Emu asks me.

"Uh...no, I haven't. Why?" I don't get why he is asking me. He looks so sweet standing there in his white coat, gamer shirt that is red, and his typical pants. He literally is precious compared to Ice Prince Hiiro.

"I guess I'm just worried how trapping you down here is going to hurt your mental health," he answers, shrugging a bit. He doesn't know why he is asking, right? "I'm just worried that you're going to end up in danger at some point if we leave this place and you stay here. Parad can teleport into rooms and all without an issue." He's worried about that?

"Oh...right! That is pretty worrying to think about." I totally forgot that. They think Parad wants to hurt me when he doesn't. "I'm scared of him and Kuroto showing up at any moment, but I got to be a big girl and be brave." I force a smile onto my face. I hate lying to him when he's so sweet. 

"So, you worry about the Bugster getting to her? How about Kuroto, Emu? He's colluding with the Bugsters to harm the general public," Hiiro asks harshly. Why does he have to get in on the conversation? Why can't he get up and get his cake? I wish he would shove it into his mouth and shut up!

"I worry about that too, but I'm more worried about Parad at the moment. He seems like he would be someone who tries kidnapping Elkie just to torment her home world," Emu says, answering the question. His eyes go over to Hiiro as he puts down the box. "We should probably send her someplace they won't look for her."