-70-

-70- **Warning: Cliche stuff ahead. Sorry if the cheesy stuff slays you** 

I am an official nurse now, which is kind of bittersweet. I wanted to do in the world of Ex-Aid under Emu's watchful eyes. But it is fine that I couldn't do that. I am going to make him proud and make sure he has a smile on his face on the other side.

"Here, take this," I say, holding out a gaming console to a young woman. She's definitely a few years younger than I am, so she is probably wanting to find herself in this world like I did before. 

"What is it?"

I smile. "One of my friends gave me that when I was hanging out with him. He's into gaming and I was with his best friend. However, we're away from each other right now and aren't really able to talk. So, I have no idea what is going on with us." 

"I have never seen a handheld like this really. Well, I did have a DS lite," she responds, placing her hands on the thing I'm holding out to her. "Are you sure you want me to have this? It seems like it means a lot to you."

"Yeah, I want you to have it. Maybe if you hold onto it and make a wish, it'll come true like mine has. I'm just waiting for it to come true again and I think it might if I keep believing that it will. Love is a powerful thing." I wink and pull my hands back, leaving the device in her hands. "Always believe in yourself, okay? Don't be super negative about things."

"I'll try to do that," she says, her eyes going down to the device. "Are you sure that it belongs to me?"

"It does now. Anyways, I need to get to my class. I'm a nursing student who is about to graduate," I tell her and she looks back at me, her eyes leaving the handheld device. I smile and nod my head. "Bye!"

I hope that girl is doing well right now. Perhaps she's achieving her own dreams at this time. That gaming console is a sign that anything is possible to me. It is the one thing I kept from the other world besides the love in my heart for those two boys. Well, I do have good memories of friendship now as well. I made so many friends there. 

I turn my head, staring at a park with beautiful pink flowers on the trees, and smile. That park...it has been a huge comfort for me to walk around there and just chill. I've talked to myself there a lot as well. Perhaps I should go and visit this park since I'll be working soon. I've already applied to the hospital that partnered with my college for the fast track program. 

I move over to the park as the wind blows, sending a cool breeze at me. It is a beautiful cool day out, but it isn't too cool for me to be out in this dress I'm wearing. If it were to be that cold, I would be wearing a sweater. 

I stop at one of the trees and smile at it. It has the names of multiple couples in it and it is the biggest tree in the entire park. They even have a little thing that says it is the tree of romance for most couples. Of course, I'm just giving a summary of what the little thing says about it. 

"I wish I could put my name with Emu's name," I mutter out, leaning in towards the tree and placing my hand on it. "Perhaps I should do that anyways. We're still dating aren't we? It isn't like I need his permission to do so." I doubt he considers our separation a break up. He probably sees it as just a little bump in our relationship's road.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a pocket knife, which Walter got me to protect myself while I would walk around campus. He didn't want me to get into any trouble. He told me that I needed to protect myself and not trust those around me too much. So, I willingly took it and started carrying it to protect myself.

I move the knife up to tree and push out the blade part of it. I move it against the tree's bark and put my name and a plus symbol. I then crave Emu's name into it, my lips twisting upwards. I think this looks like the perfect addition to the tree.