-37-

-37-

"Hey, Graphite!" 

Graphite looks over at me and Emu as we step into the base. His eyes go wide and he looks at me, looking ticked off. He thinks I brought Emu here, right? Well, he's wrong on that one and is about the find that out. 

He holds out his transformation device, which makes a good weapon, and points it at Emu. "Why are you doing here? And did you bring him here, woman? I told Parad it was a bad idea to keep you around."

"Whoa, calm down, Graphite!" Emu exclaims, releasing my wrist and pushing me over to the side a bit away from him. "It is me! See?"

I look over as Emu falls to the ground and Parad appears near Graphite. Graphite puts down his weapon and sighs a bit, seeming relieved that Emu didn't infiltrate the base on his own. Parad looks down at Emu, smirking a little bit. 

"Oh, why didn't you just say so in the first place?" Graphite asks. Like you gave him time to do so, idiot!

"What did you do to me?" Emu looks up, looking in a bit of pain. 

"You forced my hand. You didn't want to play with me, so I made you come with me so we can play," Parad answers, being quite honest with what he did. "I wonder if you will fight me more willingly if I level up. Elkie, are you watching, dear?" Parad holds up a belt, which has to be Kuroto's, and I step back a bit. "Don't be afraid."

Parad places the belt against his waist and holds up his Gashat. He brings it down, putting in the slot, and turns the lever. Hey, nothing is happening!

He looks down, not seeming disappointed, and I tilt my head. "Hm...I guess I can't use this Gamer Driver to transform. It is meant for humans after all." So, he's not mad right now about this?

"Parad, we should finish him off right now since he's here," Graphite suggests, getting up. He sat down?

Parad grabs his arm and pulls it up, keeping it from Emu. "I will be the one who beats M, Graphite. And Elkie will be all mine then." 

"Hey, what is making you want to fight me? I don't understand." Emu is that curious about it, huh? Shouldn't it be obvious right now? I'm not trying to say my true love is dumb, but the answer is quite obvious and I won't say it. 

Parad releases Graphite's arm and turns to Emu, moving towards him. He bends over and grabs his coat, pulling him closer to him and staring him in the eyes. Oh, he's not a happy Bugster now!

"What? Did you forget all about it?" Parad asks. Dude, you know the answer to that and all these stupid questions are killing me! I know I ask stupid things, but that is expected of me. "You wanted this."

"Huh? I did?" Emu is surprised.

"Elkie, I'm heading out," Parad tells me. "I'll be back soon. Go and listen to your music that you love so much or play my handheld device." 

"Alright..."

"Elkie!" Emu turns his head to me and Parad shoves him back, making him land roughly against the ground. "Ah!" 

"Parad...please..." I don't want to see him harmed. "I am yours, alright? I'm all yours and you don't have to worry about him. So, please don't waste your time on hurting him." If he keeps hurting him, how will I be able to continue to resist the urge of smacking him across his Bugster face?

Parad turns his head, looking at me with a small smile on his cruel and handsome face. "Oh, I'm not worried at all. I'm just a bit jealous is all. Now, go."

"Take care of yourself, alright?" 

"Oh, I will."

"Okay." I am glad that he cares about what I have to say so much. He totally gives a crap! Not!