-5-

-5-

I look out the window of the living room of Emu's place. I can't sleep and I'm bored. Maybe something will happen like the sandman coming to knock me the heck out or maybe Kuroto will knock me out. He might have something to help me fall asleep despite wanting to capture me and eliminate me from this world.

"Bored, right?" Someone asks and I turn around, my eyes landing on a mischievous looking face. Parad.

Parad leans in a bit, smiling a bit at me. Do I scream right now or do I run and get Emu? I have no clue what I should do about the Bugster in his place. Won't he just disappear if I run to get Emu or will he teleport to block me off?

"Don't scream," he orders, still smiling. Okay, he's looking quite sinister. Is he up to no good?

I nod my head slowly, finally responding to the mess I'm in right now. He steps back a bit, keeping his dark eyes on me. At least he didn't put his hand over my mouth. I don't want to know what he tastes like. Does he even take a shower or does he wait for it to rain on him? Do Bugsters need to shower?

"So, you're still living, huh? I wonder when that man is going to capture you," Parad says, bringing up Kuroto vaguely.

"Like you would let him get to me first. But yes, I'm still alive. Also, Taiga isn't going to kill me just because you want him to." He was stupid to even contact Taiga because Taiga came to the CR first with it. Of course, that was to probably see if they would willingly hand me over or not.

"Bummer," Parad replies, sighing a bit. "I was hoping that he would do my dirty work. Well, sometimes death is harder to bring to someone."

I hold back a laugh. "What are you? Are you a Grim Reaper now?"

"I just want to end you as soon as possible. I would do it now but you know that would make issues arise. Poor Emu would be so lost," Parad tells me.

"So?"

"I don't need you causing me issues. If you get too close to me, it'll make it hard for me to kill you." So, he doesn't want to kill me because he feels some sort of connection to me? Well, just wait until he finds out that I lied to him and that connection that he feels is fake.

"Yeah, whatever."

He moves closer to me, eying me all over. "You're wearing his clothes." He sounds disgusted right now.

"I have none of my own clothes because I came here without some. I thought it would be a simple trip or I would die on the way here." Not like I had time to plan out a vacation to another universe. If I did, I would have picked out a bunch of stuff and grabbed some cash.

Parad nods his head, not saying a word. He's very, very tall. I do wonder what is on the inside of him. Is he just made of pixels? Does he have a heart? Does he even have blood? Is his body very warm like a human's body should be?

"What are you thinking about? You're giving me a strange look like you're judging me or something," Parad asks, changing the subject. His lips suddenly curve upwards, making him look amused. "Are you into me, Elkie? Is that what that look is?"

"I..." What do I even say right now? I was sort of checking him out but not for the reasons he thinks. Not that he isn't attractive for a Bugster who wants to take over the entire world. Gosh, what in the world am I thinking right now? I'm sick.

He throws a hand over my mouth and turns a bit, looking over his shoulder at the hallway. "Shush!" His voice isn't too loud but he still pretty much is shouting at me. "You're being too loud."