-24-

-24-

"Are you sure you really want to eat here?" Emu asks, looking over the empty fast food place. I picked McDonald's because it exists here. Probably because of the deal they have with the creators of Kamen Rider, but he doesn't need to know that. 

"I am personally happy with the food here." My stomach might not be later, but it'll be fine. I'm hungry for greasy, delicious cheaply made food. 

"I don't mind your choice in place, but it seems kind of casual for a date."

"Does it not work for you?" I turn to him and he looks me in the eyes. "I can pick another place if you want me to."

"You don't have to do that at all, Elk!" He holds up his hands and shakes his head. "I am perfectly fine with dining here with you. It is just...Hiiro is probably going to make fun of us and then make me work even harder if he finds out we ate here."

I laugh. "Do you really care what Hiiro thinks about us going to a place like this? Come on, it isn't everyday that I get to visit a Japanese McDonald's. We all know it is possible I might be forced to go home. Kuroto is still out there and he can do whatever he wants to me if he finds me."

Emu drops his hands and frowns. "I want to think positively and not worry about him so much. Besides, I won't let him get to you." Aw, so sweet! Too bad I can't tell him that Kuroto isn't evil when it comes to that.

I don't blame him for wanting to be positive right now. We just started dating each other and we both don't want to lose each other at this point. Maybe if we were having tons of fights and further along, we wouldn't mind that. However, that isn't the case.

"Emu, I want to have a Mega Muffin." I am craving breakfast food right now.

"Do they even have that right now?" 

"This one does. I see it right there." I point to the front. "I noticed it when I walked in with you. So, can I have one?"

"Do you really think you can eat that entire thing?" He blinks. 

"I liked to be challenged sometimes and I'm starving. So, do you want to order or not? I'm going to finish my food after you do so don't leave me once you're done."

"I wouldn't dream of it." He smiles and holds out his hand. "Let's hold hands and go up there like we are a couple. You know...since we're a couple?"

"We need to work on this awkwardness between us, huh?" I laugh, taking his hand. "You're the cutest boyfriend in the world."

"I can't be that cute." He looks away, eyes heading to the front. "I could always order for you and bring it to the table. Would that be better so we can have a great spot to sit?" 

"Oh, you're right about that." I didn't think about that. "I should pick out the best spot to sit. I'll go and pick the best window seat ever. Trust me, I'm good at these kinds of things." 

He releases my hand and smiles. "I'll pick the drinks."

"I don't mind that at all. I'll drink pretty much anything except eggnog." Eggnog is disgusting to me. Jennie is the only other person who agrees with me on that.

"Really? I don't think you need to worry about me getting that for you. I don't think they have it," he replies, laughing a little. "I'll see you in a few moments."

I nod and turn away from him, heading to the side. I think this area will be the best for us. It is near where we arrived from and it'll show us people pulling in and leaving. It is always fun watching all the different cars come and go.

"I didn't think you would be out with him."

I turn, gasping. "P-Parad!" What is he doing in here right now? Did he just teleport into here?