-74-

-74-

I yawn as I move forward in the swing, enjoying the breeze.

It was a long night last night because of Walter's arrival. The moment we figured out a story to use for him being here, we all went our separate ways a bit. Minus Hiiro, obviously. He decided to stay and keep an eye on him. He's going to take him in along with the soon-to-be revived Saki. Hiiro is going to say he's adopted and part of the Kagami family moving forward.

"Walter is lucky that he has Hiiro looking out for him," Parad comments. "How about your job? Got it yet?"

"I believe I am going to be working there soon, but I have to wait to hear back from the person handling it all." Hiiro's father is the one who is going to get back to me, but he is busy with other matters.

The most important matter that they're going to finish up all the revivals of the people who perished during Kamen Rider Chronicle. My getting a job can wait for the time being. Besides, Emu has money.

"I hope that you will get it," he says, sounding quite hopeful.

I nod my head. "Me too. I really hope that I can work there. If I can't, I'll join Taiga's company." I'm sure that it is so legit now.

"Walter must be in shock still if he has to be with Hiiro," Parad says. "Do you know if he'll recover or not?"

"Worried about him?"

"He's joining our circle. Of course I'm worried about him," Parad responds as I stop the swing from moving. "He's also your friend."

I nod again. "Yeah, he's definitely my friend. Of course he is."

"You're being disrespectful. I am just saying the reason why I'm concerned about him. Do you want me to not be? I can always infect him if you aren't."

"You're not going to be infecting anyone. I know you're not capable of doing so these days." He isn't into hurting innocent people these days. "You're all about gaming and being lazy." 

"I'm not that lazy," he says, shaking his head as he appears in front of me. His eyes go wide. "Hey, I see something odd."

"Is it the sight of a Bugster trying to take over the world again?" I ask. What can possibly be odd to this young Bugster?

He points behind me. "There is a woman running from some people. Do you think she's recording something?" he asks, sounding a bit curious now. He's looking for trouble isn't he?

I turn my head, looking over my shoulder as my eyes go to what he is describing.

A woman moves quickly, out running the people chasing after her, and I gasp. She's so fit looking! Not overly muscular, but muscular. She has a hat on, a baggy t-shirt, and pants. Her shoes are similar to Emu's, but black and white. 

"Do you think she's in need of assistance?" Parad asks me and I turn my head, looking at him. "You're giving me a look that is saying 'Do something', right? Am I reading this correctly right now, Elkie?"

I nod. "Yes, that is what you're seeing written on my face right now. Parad, go and do something to assist that girl and get those guys off her tail!" 

How can those dudes chase after a young woman? Don't they know it is disrespectful and creepy to do that? They're clearly a lot bigger than she is. They also look like typical thugs. They're in black and look like they're in some sort of gang or something.

Parad vanishes, color floating around where he just was, and I turn as he appears behind the thugs. I move forward, running, as Parad begins beating up the thugs. He is going to handle them long before I get there.