-36-

-36-

"Look, she's going to have fun now," Parad tells me as Poppy gets approached by some guys. Those guys are total bullies. She's out there trying to find herself and he lets this happen? 

"She's so having fun," I say, trying not to sound sarcastic. I don't want him to go off on me about how I should try having fun as well. He thinks I'm on his side and I need to keep it that way.

Poppy is in some serious trouble right now and there isn't much I can do to stop her. I could run towards her, but I know Parad will just pull me back and put me in timeout. It isn't something that I can risk. And I don't want to end up hanging all over a game with Graphite watching me play it. That Bugster has some serious mental problems in my opinion. He obsesses over anything Hiiro and Taiga related and it is really annoying.

Poppy moves out of the way as the guys try to attack her, looking unsure of herself, and pulls out her belt and gashat. She's not going to transform because she wants to, but because she has to. That is the only way she can survive. 

"I think Emu will be here any moment," Parad states and I look at him as he stares ahead. He's waiting for Emu to arrive because Emu will certainly come to her side to help her. 

I look back at Poppy as she dodges a few attacks as people run away. She's really quick. I wonder if it is a good thing that we're standing down over here.

"Good. This is how the game should be," Parad says and I look at him as he moves forward, getting a better look at the fight. He's probably smiling right now and I'm too afraid to find out. He is pretty scary when he is all about ending the lives of the people in this world. 

"Wait! You should go and deal with the Rideplayers!" 

"First come, first serve, Taiga!" Nico exclaims and I look over. I bet Parad's happiness is ruined now because of them.

Parad grabs my arm and pulls me back, his eyes not going to me. "You need to get into hiding or else they'll take you away from me." He should have thought about that before dragging me out here to watch all of this go down.

"Right." I am just going to pretend that I'm cool with this. Nothing will happen to me if I just keep pretending everything is all good with me. 

Parad pulls me over to the side of the tunnel and moves away from me. He's just going to leave me here in the dark, lonely tunnel? It is under a bridge and very boring down here. Is it even called a tunnel? What do people call these things? 

"Oh, he's here!" Parad exclaims. He? Emu? Emu, help me!

I look over at where Parad should be and he's gone. Did he just actually leave me down here all alone? What in the world is wrong with him? I can run away now, right? Or will that lead me to my death? 

I move forward and look over as Parad transforms at the same time as Emu and Hiiro. They both came! Maybe they can help me get away from this crazy Bugster man!

I look over as Poppy gets hit by Taiga's shots and I gasp. She's going to die if Parad keeps Emu distracted long enough! She's not wanting to fight them and that isn't a good thing. 

Taiga hits her with his critical strike and I move a bit more forward. I can't breath right now. I am so worried about her and what is about to happen to her. Taiga is probably going to do her in if Emu doesn't stop fighting Parad.

Poppy lands at the end of the steps and looks up, her eyes looking at Hiiro and Taiga approaching her. They're going to both kill her? That isn't how it should be! She's a good person! A really, really happy and friendly Bugster!