-3-

-3-

"Get up! Get up, Elkie!" Poppy shrieks as loudly as possible, causing me to open my eyes wide. Does she have to be so loud in the morning? She is always so bubbly and positive while I'm here with the others.

I pop my head up from the pillow it was just on and look over at Poppy. "What time is it?" I ask, my voice coming out a bit hoarse.

"It is near ten in the morning, which is pretty late for someone to sleep into." She holds out a bag towards me. "Hiiro got you these. He told me to take you to one of the many wash rooms in this hospital so you can clean up."

"Where?"

"I'll help you get everything you need to do today done," Poppy says, smiling brightly with her red lips. "Let's go and get you ready for today!"

I sit up fully and look around. "Where is Hiiro at?"

Hiiro usually lurks around the CR because of the chances a Bugster will randomly show up. Or Kuroto. They sometimes are probably looking for him. But I'm sure the phone rings for Kuroto doing stupid crap around here.

"He'll be here once he finishes up work in the surgical department. He had to do a surgery today, which is actually quite minor," Poppy answers.

"Oh, I see." I should have figured that they do stuff like we do in the normal world because they live their lives off-screen.

"Elkie, are you okay? Are you safe still?" Emu?

I look over at the entrance of the room as Emu steps into it, wearing his usual green shirt and red pants. He doesn't dress like someone would at the hospital. He is so laidback and casual compared to a lot of people. Hospitals in America wouldn't be approving of that kind of dress code.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm alright. I just woke up so my day just started. So, what is up? Do you need something from me? Not like I have much to offer you, right?"

"I just wanted to check on you before I get to work. I'm glad you're alright. Poppy, keep your eyes on her," Emu orders, looking over at Poppy with a smile on his face. "I don't want anyone else getting their hands on here. It'll be bad if that happens."

I can't imagine someone getting their hands on me while here. Actually, I can picture it. Someone evil would be standing above me before eliminating me from the world. And that someone evil would definitely be Kuroto or Parad.

"I will make sure that no one sneaks her away from us," Poppy tells him. "Have fun at work, Emu! Make sure that you behave, okay?" She sounds so bossy yet peppy!

Emu laughs and he nods his head, smiling widely. "Okay, bye!" he exclaims, turning to leave the room. He is leaving me alone with someone with pink hair and a peppy voice. How am I going to survive being around her all day long?

"Poppy, I need to shower, remember?" I should probably get some time away from her right now. I don't want to spend every second of the day with her.

"Hm? Oh, right!" She laughs. "I almost forgot about your shower."

"That is fine."

"Okay, you should follow me."

"Alright. I won't leave your side."

~.~

I stop, looking around the corner. I have officially gotten away from Poppy by tricking her into getting something for me. So, she left me without attendance. I need some space and being stuck in the CR all day is freaking boring as heck!