-9-

-9-

"I think you're a liar, Elkie."

Someone moves in front of me, blocking my path and cornering me in the hallway. Of course, this hallway leads to the elevator, which is so inconvenient for me right now. I do not want to be blocked in here because someone thinks I'm lying, which I know I am doing.

I look up at Hiiro's face, which looks so cold right now and full of judgment. His eyes are narrowing right now, looking really crossed. How far can he narrow those eyes of his? 

"What makes you think that horrible kind of thing? You can't just go around tossing words that are horrible at me, Hiiro. And I am not a liar," I ask him, not cracking. I'm not going to admit that I'm a liar about everything I've pretty much said. That would be terrible to do to Emu and Parad. They think I'm wonderful since I'm from a made up world where Parad is a king. 

"You can't fool me. You made up your world where that Bugster is a ruler. You know too much about all of us." Is that his only proof? I came up with a reason for that and he should be able to believe me just based off that alone.

"Too much? That is what is making you question me? How is that even proof against me, Hiiro? Are you even hearing yourself right now?" I cross my arms over my chest and sigh heavily. He's so annoying!

"You know too much about me." He is right. I do know too much about him due to watching the show.

I look away. "I knew you in my world, Hiiro. Is that so hard for you to believe?" I look back at him. "Don't be like this right now, Hiiro. You know that Saki wouldn't approve of you tossing hurtful words at people like this." I am sorry, but I have no choice but to play the Saki card right now to get him off my back.

He closes his eyes, hands shaking a bit as they ball up. "Don't you say that ever again!" He greets his teeth, looking pained. "Don't."

"I'm sorry, Hiiro." Now I feel really bad for bringing her up just to get rid of him. "I know how much you love her and all and I shouldn't have brought her up. I'm really sorry for doing so." I feel like a huge jerk right now, but not as huge as a jerk as he is. He has no reason to be a jerk.

"How can you be sorry when you're always lying to everyone?" He opens his eyes, staring at me harshly. "You're making up stories for no reason at all. Why can't you be honest with the rest of us?"

"I am not making up any stories." Yes, I totally am. But it isn't like he has to know. "Hiiro, I wouldn't lie to you about my home world. You can trust me on that." Nope, he can't.

He turns away, probably not wanting to look at me any longer. "This isn't worth talking to you over. When you're ready to say that you're lying, I'll be here to tell you about how I was always right. You are also allowed to do whatever you want since you're an adult. I don't see why I'm wasting my time on something like this." Neither do I.

"Hiiro..." I sigh a little. "You know I'm not lying." I am, but who wants a Bugster to kill them? He's entertained thinking he's some great King of the world. 

"Hiiro, stop being mean to her right now!" 

SMACK!

"Ow!" Hiiro brings a hand to his head as Poppy appears next to him. She's looks really mad right now. "Why did you do that, Poppy?"

"Because you're being mean to her and bothering her over her past," Poppy tells him, looking at me. "How are you feeling right now? Did Hiiro upset you with his bad behavior? Should I tell his dad about how he is being?"

"You wouldn't dare." Hiiro turns to her, facing her fully. "Whatever, I don't need to worry about this. You're not here to defend her right now. You're here because something is going on that needs my attention." How does he know what is going on? I mean, he's not wrong.