-56-

-56-

"I hate staying here so much," I mutter out, closing one of the many new magazines Kiriya brought down here earlier. 

I'm still stuck in the CR and I absolutely hate it. I have no idea when I'm going to be allowed to leave, but I hope it is soon. Honestly, I really want to go home and have a good time with my boyfriend. 

"I see that you're bored," Hiiro's voice says and I look at the doorway as he steps fully into the room. He looks like he normally does. "Are you wanting to go home with the Intern?" 

"Obviously," I state, forcing a smile on my face. "What brings you here?"

"I don't need you to give me a fake smile. I know that you're upset about being stuck here and I get the concern. Masamune is looking for you in order to punish you. You're not heading out there anytime soon and you should get used to being here a bit longer." 

I drop my fake smile. "So, just like when I first got here?" I am going right back to basics it seems. 

Hiiro nods his head. "Yeah, just like that."

"I am truly sorry that you lost Saki again. It must be hard."

"I did the right thing. Saki would be proud of me. She wanted me to be a great doctor, which is what I'm going to do. I'm going to be the world's best surgeon and you're going to be in awe of my abilities as one." 

"Mmhmm...sure thing." I would roll my eyes, but I don't want to seem rude right now after he lost Saki. "How's Taiga?"

"Recovering still. Jennie has been staying at his side despite being told to go home. I told the staff to allow her to stay at his side since she's important to him. He's being treated like a VIP basically."

I laugh, shaking my head. "Oh, she's totally crazy in love isn't she?"

He nods. "Yeah, your friend really is in love with him. She's completely smitten with that man," he replies. "I am glad to see that you're in better spirits. I wanted to come down here sooner, but I felt bad. I keep seeing that moment over and over again."

I know Hiiro feels really bad about what happened, but it isn't like he could have done anything to prevent it. I had an order and I made sure to follow it. He did nothing wrong. I am the one who put myself in danger and I have to live with the consequences of it. 

"I hope that you stop seeing it. Hiiro, I'm completely fine and there is nothing for you to worry about. We just need to fix this world as soon as possible and let me do what I need to do." I need to head home once this is done, but we don't need to verbally say it.

"I understand that you don't wish to speak of it aloud right now." 

I nod. "Yeah, I don't want anyone else overhearing it. It isn't something we can just tell everyone at this time."

"It isn't like it is important to get out there right now. Elkie, you should look into a fast track nursing program in the future. You can quickly become a nurse. Seito is looking into providing it at some point and if you stay here, it is a good option."

"It isn't something that is made up?" Neat. 

"We're partnering up with a nearby college and I think you would like the program. Once you complete it, you can be a nurse here."

"But-"

"It is an option. You don't have to think about it too much right now." 

I nod my head. "Okay, I won't." 

"I want you to be able to be at our side for a long time. Once Masamune Dan is out of the way, you'll be able to sleep easily." 

"It has been hard sleeping. I've been tempted to keep both of my eyes open and try sleeping that way." It has been insane thinking that a crazy rich man is after me. How did he even manage to convince people he's so kind?