-6-

-6-

"Poppy, I brought you along so you can help Elkie shop. She's going to need help finding things," Emu says, looking over at Poppy.

"Emu, I'm Asuna in this form, remember?" she responds sternly, looking away from him. She's dressed in a nurse's uniform, which is white, and has brown hair. "Elkie, what style do you like?"

"Uh...anything comfortable," I answer, being honest. "Something like what Emu is wearing. I just want to dress comfortably and be happy."

Poppy looks at me, staring me down with her brown eyes. "So, Emu's style is nice to you?"

"Yes." I nod. "He looks comfortable and happy to me."

"I'm glad you find my clothes to be comfortable and very nice. I haven't really been told that I have nice style before," Emu tells me, smiling softly. He's pretty jolly today. I like that he is.

"Hm...can we find you something cute and comfortable? Something that is in-between my style and his style?" I'm glad Poppy isn't suggesting that I dress like she does when she's in Poppy form. I don't want to have pink hair and a fluffy dress.

"Sure, let's do that." I nod my head, looking ahead now. "Emu, sorry if I cost you a lot of money. I promise to pay you back when I earn some money. One day, I will, okay?"

He laughs. "You don't have to go and do all of that. I'm glad I can help someone like you. You're going to have fun and not owe me anything. This is my treat, Elkie. I want to help you."

I nod my head again and look at Emu through the corners of my eyes. "Ah, okay," I say softly. "Thank you so much for doing this for me."

"How about this shop?" Poppy turns away from us and we stop dead in our tracks. "This looks cute and comfortable!"

I stare at the shop and my mouth drops. "Uh..." My face is literally on fire right now!

"Uh...maybe you two can go in there and leave me out here," Emu says, sounding uncomfortable. "Ha-ha, it'll be perfect for you two." Now he is laughing awkwardly.

"What is wrong with the store?" Poppy asks, looking into the shop through the windows. Her eyes go to a little pink number, staring at it with a smile on her face.

"Oh, I don't think there is anything wrong with it," I state, lying. "Let's go back there together later, okay? Emu can check out the video game store while we're there so we can surprise him with what we get later, okay? He'll give us the money we need to go there."

"But I like it here. Can't we just stop in for a few moments?" She turns to us and Emu looks away, his face turning red. He's really getting weird about this.

"Asuna, let's come back later." Emu looks down.

She pouts, nodding her head. "Fine."

I stare at the pink lingerie that has polka-dots on it and my face starts burning more. I do not want to have Emu shopping for underwear with us. That would be embarrassing and not so fun! What would he react like if he saw one of us in those undergarments? He'll probably have his mouth hanging!

"I promise we can go there later," I say.

Emu looks up and he looks around, his eyes looking for the perfect shop to head to with us. Obviously, he's not looking for underwear stores. He doesn't want us picking out lingerie in front of him. I can't imagine how weird it would be to have the cold surgeon here with us. I can't picture a reaction he would have to seeing a woman trying to pick out lingerie.

"Hm...how about that shop?" He points. "Elkie, I think we should head over there and see what they have. It looks a bit feminine but not overly feminine. I know how some feminine clothes can't be comfortable for girls. I hear them complain about it." At least he is honest.